Oblivion Plane Mods

mirohalia

I have been looking on and off for a few months now for a mod that adds more random oblivion worlds, or at least modifies the ones that are already there. I haven't found any mods addressing the oblivion worlds, except ones that retexture them.

Do these mods exist?

I haven't tried it myself but there's Oblivion 4ever. I don't how much it has changed Oblivion worlds 1 and 7 but that is mentioned in the mod description.

Aranmathi Ayleid Home has a portal to go to the random Oblivion worlds (works the same as going through one of the gates) but they are all just the same old vanilla Oblivion worlds.

BFGs Open All the Gates offers options to tweak how and when Oblivion gates open (again still the same vanilla Oblivion worlds as far as I know).

That's about all that I know of.

yeah... not enough people that can go that far for Oblivion,

coz the game engine itself is so buggy and old. When the world revolving fast with SLI or APU GPU whatever

so much fantasy remain undig that can create a super game that covering all TES4 Map that threaten Skyrim itself as senior

sadly no one gonna do it....

I think revamping the Deadlands cells is definitely a doable task. It would be something I am interested in doing personally since I love level design. I cut my teeth with level design in Skyrim's Creation Kit though and the Oblivion one is a bit unwieldly by comparison, but I could get used to it. Problem is that while I could probably do something interesting from a pure layout and visuals standpoint, doing stuff like scripting and quest design isn't my forte.

this is available but still baren... Tamriel Heightmap, Black Marsh, Vvardenfell, TWMP Hammerfell 1.2, Skyrim

Oblivion will demolish many action game if all of that matured I think...

its like miracle

really touching when someone actually doing it,

only Elsweyr Anequina mod so far that is created with deep passion

the other is either abandoned or unfinished / WIP (work in progress) example like Valenwood project

not enough support and the right team, even the right team is available. To produce some result, they needed to be in sync

Thanks guys! There certainly is a lot of potential for the deadlands. I would do it myself but I have no idea how to (plus I would already know where everything is, so it would ruin the joy of discovery.)

The funny thing is, even after closing the same gates hundreds of times, I'm still finding areas inside the gates that I didn't even know existed. Maybe it's just my terrible memory, but it's still fun!

Most of the Oblivion worlds get a selection of random Sigil towers and caves (though there are some that will always have the same towers or caves). Bethesda's way of trying to make closing gates a bit less repetitive for us "60 gates" types.