I cant open the cheat menu

soleguardian

When you start Oblivion from your edited shortcut you should briefly see two small black windows open and then close before the game starts. It should also now go straight to your game menu, not the loader menu where you could select Data Files. If that's not the case then navigate in Windows Explorer to your Oblivion folder (one level higher than your Data folder) and double click the obse_loader.exe file located there. If your obse_loader isn't located in the Oblivion folder (along with obse_1_2_416.dll and obse_editor_1_2.dll) then your OBSE install went wrong ... find those files and get them in the right spot. Edited by Striker879

And still no [ConsolePlus] section in your Oblivion.ini?? Make sure you are looking in Oblivion.ini located in the My Documents\My Games\Oblivion folder, not the Oblivion_default.ini located in your game's Oblivion folder. The former is the one your game is currently using when it starts, the other (Oblivion_default.ini) is the one the game uses when it can't find the My Documents one (used for resetting your Oblivion.ini back to defaults when having trouble).

I would think just to the main menu, but I don't have any experience with that mod/plugin. Here's something else that I've found in the recent mod comments section:

Very useful, you have my endorsement.

As for those of you that are having trouble getting this mod to work: I assume you are using Vista or Windows 7 due to your interest in the mod in the first place. There is one more feature of your operating system that is in the way, YOU MUST DISABLE UAC FOR ANY OBSE BASED MOD TO WORK.

Even if you set OBSE to run as an administrator, Windows will still block it WITHOUT ANY NOTIFICATION. You can disable UAC by typing "UAC" into the search bar in control panel and choosing "Turn User Account Control On or Off".

If it still doesn't work check to see that these lines:

[ConsolePlus]

iConsoleKey=123

Are present in the Oblivion.ini file located at documents/My Games/oblivion (For GOTY version anyways) and if they are not then add them yourself.

Now that you have disabled UAC and have a working developer console you are no longer limited by your operating system and may enjoy every mod to it's fullest!

Are you running Windows 7 or Vista AND is Oblivion installed in the default C:\Program Files\... or C:\Program Files (x86)\... directory?

Edit: Go with LordFrostcrag's suggestion ... makes sense.

Edited by Striker879