I cant open the cheat menu

soleguardian

My take on this quote from the mod comments is that even if you're not constrained by your actual keyboard (i.e. laptop key board) you can be limited by Vista and/or Windows 7

Very useful, you have my endorsement.

As for those of you that are having trouble getting this mod to work: I assume you are using Vista or Windows 7 due to your interest in the mod in the first place. There is one more feature of your operating system that is in the way, YOU MUST DISABLE UAC FOR ANY OBSE BASED MOD TO WORK.

Even if you set OBSE to run as an administrator, Windows will still block it WITHOUT ANY NOTIFICATION. You can disable UAC by typing "UAC" into the search bar in control panel and choosing "Turn User Account Control On or Off".

If it still doesn't work check to see that these lines:

[ConsolePlus]

iConsoleKey=123

Are present in the Oblivion.ini file located at documents/My Games/oblivion (For GOTY version anyways) and if they are not then add them yourself.

Now that you have disabled UAC and have a working developer console you are no longer limited by your operating system and may enjoy every mod to it's fullest!

The Microsoft security feature UAC does interfere with gaming when you install them in the default C:\Program Files\... or C:\Program Files (x86)\... directories. I don't recommend disabling UAC (it does do some good protecting you from malware). The best option is install your games outside of Program Files, where UAC won't cause any problems. One of the moderators here, bben46 has posted this uninstall/re-install guide to help get the jpob done completely and correctly if you decide to get your Oblivion install out from under UAC's 'protection'.