File endorsements in their own discussion topic

Dark0ne

This unified latest comment list feature is great! Thanks for making it. I have a lot of files uploaded and it has been hard to keep up with reading and answering the comments that need answers before now. Edited by David Brasher

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wouldn't it be easier to just make the endorsements not leave a comment, and if you want to leave one, you can do so after by clicking add comment?

whoops, didn't read the other suggestions here, nvm

Edited by stealthtank91

I endorse Emma's and Wrinkly Ninjas suggestions.

I agree with Emma, this creates a much heavier administrative and support burden for a mod creator dealing with posting on one thread and replying on another. I've had to add "watching for updates" to my list of things to do when checking the forum and I only have a few mods and comments, but its already a pain.

And I agree with Wrinkly's suggestion that a good alternative is to do away with comments when endorsing and just have a counter.

And can you do away with thumbs down entirely, while you're at it? ;)

As a mod user I prefer the old system. I take a lot of time to read the comments those with and without endorsements now I have to click on one more tab to see the endorsements and why. If all I wanted to do was check the endorsements I could simply click on the thumb and by pass the general comments.

As a mod author I prefer the old system. There have been many comments left with and without an endorsement praising the mod for all to see in one thread including me. It’s just easier for me that way.

I disagree with just a counter for the endorsements. Now there will be one more step in endorsing and commenting as to why you endorsed a mod, why make it two seeps when it can just be one.

My suggestion is to make a separate thread for reporting bugs.

I agree with doing away with the thumbs down (-endorsement) I have seen too many thumbs down simply because it did not fit their style of game of game play “the file did not fit in the user’s personal tastes of beliefs†this is not a reason to give a thumbs down and is degrading to the mod and the author, or “the file did not meet the user’s high quality standardsâ€. I am looking at a mod that has 39 thumbs up and one thumbs down and that was the reason given and that user has never uploaded a mod of their own. Again this is not a valid reason for a thumbs down and in my opinion the thumbs down is being abused

This is just my opinion

Clintster74