Mod that stops NPCs from fighting each other?

Grogrokl

It happen sometimes that NPCs in cities start to fight each other (citizen vs citizen, citizen vs guard or guard vs guard) and what I don't like about this is that it causes NPCs to die.

I remember seeing a mod that stops NPCs from fighting (I think by making them yielding to each other or something) but I can't remember its name. Any clues?

Hello Grogrokl

recently I just created that feature, I still active and update my mod frequently for this last 2 months

try my mod Amulet of Greed in my signature

in that mod there is feature called Greed Paradise, I think that should answer your problem

my mod is fully modular, so don't worry ... just turn off some option that you don't like

regards,,

actually me too don't like when peace npc fight each other, so that's why I create Greed Paradise feature...

I have tested it and it works trust me, any fair / peace npc will always try stopping fight if the target is peace npc too

nope :smile: I created this mod because my pc can't handle Oblivion that much....

now is all good, I can drop many ESP and give Oblivion very much a performance boosts plus rich feature

so I am pretty much sure. This mod will not cause any fps hit, I am testing it many times already

this AoG will surely give you new experiences

if you turn it off some feature it will not effect at all probably because I recheck my script and make it so compact

good luck

Edited by lubronbrons

Tried the mod.

The detect item feature is pretty cool I must admit but IMO its cheating so its nothing for me. Tried to turn it off but it wasn't possible to turn off container detection (I set the value for containers to 0 but nothing happened).

Greed Paradise worked as well but there is a problem with it. Sometimes NPCs commit crime and when they do they will either pay their bounty if they have enough gold or they will get attacked and killed by guards. So I wanted to see how your mod handled this situation and gave a NPC 1000 gold in bounty in the console (setcrimegold 1000). So what happened? Guards ran towards him in order to kill him but as soon as they were gonna attack they were stopped by your script. And after that they ran towards him again and was stopped again. And this repeated itself forever. After a while every guard in the district was following the NPC around.

thx for your report Grogrokl !!

ahh my bad... the container switch must be wrong in a wrong place...I am gonna fix it !!

hmmm.... what do you mean NPC crime?

:O ohh I see.... so bounty can works like that. I can try recreate the problem and fix it

OK

next update all of the bug will be repaired

hmmm.... what do you mean NPC crime?

This is what I meant its a text from UESP explaining NPC crimes:

"NPCs with low responsibility will resort to stealing when they need to eat, either by taking an owned item or pickpocketing. If caught stealing, the guards will attempt to arrest the NPC. However, NPCs do not have the option of being sent to jail: they can either pay their bounty or resist arrest. Generally, NPCs will not have enough money to pay the bounty, which means that getting caught results in the guards killing the NPC, even for a petty crime such as stealing a loaf of bread."

http://uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Crime#NPCs

Edited by Grogrokl

Ok done !

new update version 16.2

- npc crime conflict with greed paradise bug fixed (report from Grogrokl. Thx!)
- cleaned up all AoG text in-game message (contributed by Tsuroshi. Many thx!!)
- toggle plant not work bug fixed (report from Grogrokl. Thx!)
- Greed Revenge annoying repeated murder dialog too short bug fixed
- all creature & ghost set as irresponsible, so they will not report crime player action
- prioritize scroll or book that can't be taken. usually contain informative content
- script speed updated

'the guilty'

they will not getting guard's wrath now :smile:

so the purpose of Greed Paradise is more better now ... because of you telling me this

anyway I am in need of Vote for file of the month, if you can help I would be very appreciated

Thanks !

Edited by lubronbrons

Good mod right there! Gonna try it...

Back to the Grogrokl's issue, in vanilla Oblivion NCPs in towns never randomly start killing each other, unless we talk about a guard and an actor with a bounty and without enough gold to pay.

You must have a mod which alter the actor's aggressivity, factions and/or races, which affect the disposition between them.

What mods do you have?

@lubronbrons, actually NPCs can either pay the bounty or fight, so maybe you could add a feature to allow them the "jail" option too?

Edited by forli

Good mod right there! Gonna try it...

@lubronbrons, actually NPCs can either pay the bounty or fight, so maybe you could add a feature to allow them the "jail" option too?

Yeah :) thx Marco, me still developing AoG... gonna keep it up ! :D

actually the mechanism for NPC jailing is far too complicated...

I have seen it in Rener Guard Overhaul (RGO) sadly this great mod is just too many bug ! (crime bounty bug, regional bounty bug even when we turn it off, etc)

no more update for RGO so sad..... that mod can do NPC jail, but it's too buggy...

so far I just managed implement guard from RGO to follow player with my version,

next

in my to do list is gonna implement crime system to be more reasonable.

I can't rely too much with Crime has witnesses by kuertee because I can do more than that I think