Incredibly strange bug?

Evravon86

I have another save file (my first one) in which I used zero mods. I am able to access Sanctuary in that save. It has to be something to do with me placing an object too near another object. I did notice something strange while I was clearing out Sanctuary though. Every once in a while when I would be scrapping or placing new items, trees I had already scrapped would magically reappear for a second or two, then vanish again. The Sanctuary bug didn't start happening for another day or two after I noticed that happening.

At this point I'd almost rather not even play the game without mods. They add so much life and diversity to the game. I played through Vanilla and there's not much else to do without mods.

Your next best bet might be to keep an eye out for GE/CK written versions of the mods you like now, and cross your fingers they bring the missing stability back to your games. We're flying dangerously as it is, modding a dang game since day one.

I can confirm that this bug has nothing to do with any of your mods. I had the same thing happen to me, except to my Red Rocket Station base, and I am running a purely vanilla setup, and have never installed any mods whatsoever. Hopefully that can narrow things down for you.

I had the same thing happen to my first settlement, before I even had any mods, then one other time at a different settlement, after I installed the same alert to attack mod. I love that mod by the way. Maybe there is some kind of natural disaster that can wipe out a settlement, or it could be a weird bug lol.