Thinking of modding your school into Oblivion?

Dark0ne

Sword ownership rights have been under heavy fire since they were determined to be the leading cause of death during the Siege of Acre in the third crusade.

Having played Medevil 2: Total War half to death, I can confirm this statment is pretty accurate.

However, in my campiagn, the 'leading cause of death' was; Cannons, lots and lots of cannons.

Having played Medevil 2: Total War half to death, I can confirm this statment is pretty accurate.

However, in my campiagn, the 'leading cause of death' was; Cannons, lots and lots of cannons.

Hmm, for me it was arrows and bullets, and maybe the occasional cannonball.

But back to the topic.

Sure, it's ridiculous. I mean, just because he made a level built after his school doesn't mean he's going to kill everyone.

BUT, I'm pretty sure everone is kind of edgy ever since Columbine, and recently Tech University. I don't think they want another bloodbath.

Sure, the school overreacted, and sure, I don't think he meant to do anything. (I can still remember when mine banned camouflage pants after the Columbine massacre... which, naturally, was when the bulk of my clothes shopping happened at the Army Surplus Store.)

But doesn't anyone else think that he was a bit dense to make such a mod in the first place? I mean, it's practically guaranteed to give people the wrong idea...

• 1 month later...
It's not the big swords they should be worried about. It's the little knives and daggers, the kunai and shuriken, the blow darts and cane swords people need to worry about.

It's not the big swords they should be worried about. It's the little knives and daggers, the kunai and shuriken, the blow darts and cane swords people need to worry about.

Cane swords? I don't think someone could even bring a normal cane to school.

I don't see the big deal; if someone's got a sword, you know it. Kill them...well...probably not kill them...

The most important thing these morons need to know is WEAPONS AREN'T DANGEROUS! PEOPLE ARE DANGEROUS! Someone could easily kill you with their bare hands if they wanted to, yet someone else could be holding a shotgun, an assault rifle, a belt full of grenades, a vest strapped with dynamite, a knife, and the trigger to a nuclear detonator and not hurt anyone. Just because someone has a weapon doesn't mean they're going to hurt you; they need the intention to hurt you. If someone wants to kill you, they'll do it regardless of whether or not they have a weapon.

Well............

Who carries around weapons and doesn't use them?

I mean, if I was crazy enough to bring an AK47 to school, I'd probably be crazy enough to kill somebody.

And if you brought an AK47 to school and didn't kill anybody, why bother?

Well............

Who carries around weapons and doesn't use them?

I mean, if I was crazy enough to bring an AK47 to school, I'd probably be crazy enough to kill somebody.

And if you brought an AK47 to school and didn't kill anybody, why bother?

Of course weapons could be carried for self defense, but I don't think anyone would use an AK47 for that. And you don't need it at school.

Give me your lunch money! BANG! :ohmy:

This should be the truth...

Some years ago we (a bunch of idiots) tried to make a map of the mall were the lan house we used to play CS was...

Anyway in MY PERSONAL opinion, some people over react to those kinds of things, i must have killed round ten thousand people in videogames, but somehow the idea of entering in a school shooting everyone still not a very atractive option. Again, in MY PERSONAL opinion a guy that do this have mental problems and not only a "bad influence" from those "blood and gore" games that i love so much.

• 1 month later...

anyhow......

It appears that things are safe again and the restrictions are down for back to school.

Just one question though.....why would they bother banning cameo designs? It's not like Cameo would actually help somebody blend in in with an academic environment. If it did, you'd have to be going to a pretty messed up school.

anyhow......

It appears that things are safe again and the restrictions are down for back to school.

Just one question though.....why would they bother banning cameo designs? It's not like Cameo would actually help somebody blend in in with an academic environment. If it did, you'd have to be going to a pretty messed up school.

Or, perhaps, a boarding school in the middle of nowhere.