Insufficient booty

rosvitacousland

Imagine, you beat for example against a bowman, but the booty contains not even a bow (nor some arrows). Seems to be unfair and 'unrealistic', doesn't it? I think, you had to get at least that, what you see, which means the armour and the weapon of the enemy.

Is there a mod, to get fitting booty relative to the antagonists?

What about http://www.nexusmods.com/dragonage/mods/136/? To be honest few games have realistic loot drops, which is sad, but understandable. If we could strip each mook of their armour and weapons, we would be overpowered. Thief does have this rule that each archer you knock out has arrows you can take, but it is an exception. Drakensang mostly gives you reasonable loot. The best is when you find stale food or a flagon of some grain spirit on a guard. But it is rare in DAO.

Thank you for the link! I had seen this mod before, but I don't mean some special boss enemies and I don't want to finagle some precious booty. I just think about normal gear of normal enemies.

I play the rogue, but I even would accept, that just the arrows were all gone - but not the bow.

And, yes, I know, that most games don't include 'realistic' loot drop. I have played so much RPGs, that I feel like a kind of veteran. I remember "Betrayal in Antara", what seems to be one of the few exceptions.

s. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Betrayal_in_Antara

There you get an armour and a weapon from every enemy, who fighted against you with that gear before. Presumably to compensat for this advantage, the gear in Antara shows abrasion and has to be repaired.

I don't think, that I would be overpowered, if I got some plain bows of some common bowmen.

It only bothers me for logical reasons, not for the loot drop itself. So I would appreciate, if someone would fix the lack of logic concerning the loot drop.

What I said about being overpowered is that in DAO, ANY merchant will gladly pay you for ANY rubbish you happen to carry. I make loads of money just on pawning off second-hand darkspawn weapons, blank vellum, private documents and the-like. If each highwayman who was stupid enough to attack the group dropped what they had, we would run out of space in the inventory (which is a means of showing the player you are on the run and can carry just a little). Such mod would be interesting, but tricky to implement correctly. If I can take a bow, why not the shiny bracers? If the bracers, what about the belt? Scavenging is a serious business ;).

Still check http://www.nexusmods.com/dragonage/mods/1218/?

That sounds like an utter nightmare for anyone with an auto loot mod installed lol

That total stealing skill mod somehow manages to make inventory items stealable regardless of whether or not they've been flagged as such. Perhaps a similar method could be used to listen/intercept the right event and return the full inventory when looting.

This one http://www.nexusmods.com/dragonage/mods/1713/

Pretty much every item/loot mod is gonna ruin game balance somehow. It's just a matter of scale and how much restraint you have :P

I make loads of money just on pawning off second-hand darkspawn weapons, blank vellum, private documents and the-like.

I played the thief/ rogue and during my first two playthroughs without any mod or cheat I stole everything I could and I picked every loot up and I cracked every chest. When I sold all this I got no prosperities. The avail had been downright ridiculous! Actually I think, concerning this point the game is underpowered.

But this is not the point. I am interested in such a mod. I don't share the opinion of the overpowering effect. But even, if I would, I would still look for such a mod. Seems not to exist. Nevertheless, thank you for your efforts.

That sounds like an utter nightmare for anyone with an auto loot mod installed lol

That total stealing skill mod somehow manages to make inventory items stealable regardless of whether or not they've been flagged as such. Perhaps a similar method could be used to listen/intercept the right event and return the full inventory when looting.

This one http://www.nexusmods.com/dragonage/mods/1713/

Pretty much every item/loot mod is gonna ruin game balance somehow. It's just a matter of scale and how much restraint you have :tongue:

Thank you for the suggestion!

I could have sworn I saw a "drop all" mod for DAO a few years ago. I can't rightly recall....Bioware has never been much good at balancing game economies. The simplest way to restrain the impact an over abundance of loot would have on the game economy, is to drastically reduce the price vendors will pay for them. This is basically what "harder vendor" mods do in Bethesda games like Skyrim (where killed opponents do actually drop everything they carry).

Edited by ripple

So I've looked at the files and figured out how the treasure is generated. A game dev/coder friend has expressed some interest in learning about modding so I've passed the files on to them to take a look at. The good news is that it looks pretty simple to override the treasure system for bodybags without touching anything else (including the treasure system for placeables which is called in a somewhat different manner).

I'm wondering, for the sake of immersion, is it also worthwhile to stop wolves and spiders from dropping cash and poultices and mushrooms and other random garbage? Because that's always annoyed me. I don't know how that would affect gameplay but I do know I've literally never bothered to use herbalism since I'm always full up on potions and poultices. Then again, I don't play on nightmare, so I'm not the best person to ask. I was thinking originally that maybe attaching a moderately low random chance to looting equipped items would keep the game economy somewhat balanced but maybe the better answer is just to get more loot off of humanoids (i.e. things with pockets) and less random nonsense off animals (i.e. things without pockets).