The lack of optimizasion is rediculous...

killmoff187

Alright, back up with considerably less of a buzz lol. I've got the game playable over the last couple weeks thanks to the modding community. As for specs, heres mine; AMD A8 quad core w/ 16 gigs RAM and 7640g AMD Radeon overclocked at 1200 Mhz. Like I said, I know it's old, but pretty beastly for when I bought it (for a mid-priced laptop). I do play with a PS3 controller emulating an Xbox controller via overwritten drivers cuz, well, I couldn't really get into the whole keyboard/mouse thing, ever. Mods I have virtually eliminate fog, shadows, optimized textures, etc. And a few to fit my personal taste (Body, hair, armor expanded and a few follower tweaks, but none of them I see impacting performance as I haven't seen any FPS drops due to them). I do have a quite a few tweaks to my ini's and am no rooky in doing so, Luanching through Bilago's (?) ini tweak tool, but ya, any other tips to get this dino kickin some more ass would be great :)

Well, if you find a good price an official xbox 360 controller works really well for PC due to all the console ports. Advanced System Care worked really really well too, an had so much functionality an upgrade ability compared to what we used to use, an paired with a comprehensive anti virus. You should really save up moneys an build a PC gaming rig already. I mean I'm not dissing your laptop, but I doubt it's the same experience. Seriously a $300 purpose built FO4 machine built on YouTube, LOL, no reason not to build a rig. Since you are going out with performance. You could do the same thing with FNV then add DLC, an FO3 an DLC all in Fallout New Vegas, with most mods, an a performance ENB if you use performance textures, all gathered up with TTW, tale of two wastelands. I just want to drive XME cars the off-road variant more power version only in the DC wasteland, ROFL. Well or do all the stuff I never did in FO3, but in the modified engine of FNV. You also didn't mention Skyrim, an that's frighting, hope you own it an played it.

I do run ASC, AVG, CCleaner and ENboost (I probably shoulda mentioned ENBoost). Also prefer a PS controller over Xbox (WHAAAAT?? Oh no he di-int!! lol) Never got into Skyrim-Prefer guns and radiation to magic and spells. Did mod it a bit for my girl though ;) Gotta work with what my broke-assness has for now. Will be gettin a new desktop in the next few months (even if I gotta rent-ta-own it lol) just for FO4 that'll dance circle around this thing, but for now I suppose I'm stuck at 15-20 FPS :/

I play on 25 fps just to keep the heat down on a hand-built 3 year old medium powered gaming/content rig that I saved up moneys for a year to build. But usually it films a little better if I just lock the framerate on both ends. You could probably do that. Bandicam will record an encode at the same time. The basic gaming rig 3 years ago was pretty fast though, hard to tell how much this stuff takes. If you buy or build a gaming rig, take the time to do it right, get some SSD's 256 Gb minimum size, 2 if not 5 in a raid, with HDD as huge cheap slow storage, an whatever other stuff is in the low power to medium or even the standard rig, or with content creation somewhat in mind. You know, cause chances are if you do it right the rig will outlast the software running it. Specially if you take care if it, get one with air filters, an no lights, LOL ^^ ^^

Really considered running the game off a 2 TB external, but not sure the RPM's would make much difference. Internal runnin @ 5400 :/ external @ 7200 (I think), but it's my girls and she is not fond of the idea lol. Been wantin to build one up for a bit, but circumstance have yet to permit :( So with the wisdom of Yoda: "Suck it up and deal, you must." LMAO. Good tips all around though. Hopefully helps others not suffering from Broke-Ass syndrome lol.

um yah, PS4 an Xbox One use that, well kind of. LOL On the Skyrim note in the hidden forums here for modders, someone talked about how Skyrim helped them get into playing FO4, which might be a problem or get tough, it seems weird like we might not fit in here anymore, or just hard to connect to mentally, idk, but yeah, cause Skyrim is creation engine I'm guessing it helped with that, so you should get into it :D

http://i895.photobucket.com/albums/ac156/grindedstone/NewLibrary/101.jpg

Btw, if I'm allowed to beat my own drum, Clear Weather Only might help with performance a little bit. The title is a bit of a lie, since I decided not to completely delete rain and fog after all, but just make them a lot more rare. So you can still get to see them now and then, for realism and atmosphere reasons, but not very often. If your FPS goes down in rain, you might want to give it a try.