ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Enhanced Wasteland Preset v2 Mod Broke My Game

dominiichan

I said this in another topic before, but thought that I might as well address it on it's own topic.

I installed a mod into Fallout 4. called "Enhanced Wasteland Preset v2" because it looked impressive, only to find out that after installing it, it wouldn't work. Great. So I followed the uninstall procedure and it ended up breaking my game; Every time I turn the game on, it gets through the intro just fine, then the title, then continue/load, then loading screen. Before anything even appears on the loading screen, (i.e. models you can spin around and zoom in and out of.) it crashes. Fantastic. So after re-checking the mod uninstall procedure and making sure I removed every last trace of the mod, I gave up and just re-installed the game. But even then, the problem persists. So. I really need help on this. Level 50 is not an easy level to get to, especially when you play legit.

Which "uninstall procedure" did you follow? I could not find any. Sweet FX preset mods usually don't have an actual plugin (esp) and should uninstall perfectly fine if you do it right. You can try restarting your computer to make sure there is nothing in the cache and try again.

Can you start a new game without crashing?

Yes, I've reinstalled and tried to run with NO mods.

Just delete the extra files and delete changes to the ini and I've restarted at least twice and it still doesn't work.

A new game, huh? I didn't try it but I'm not looking forward to knowing new game is the only solution to this.