Intimidation Perk Rework

James110508

Intimidation Perk Rework

Vanilla Info

For those of you who have not messed with the perk too much, Intimidation Description-

A Level 10 Charisma perk that contains three tiers. These tier provide the following:

Tier I. With your gun, aim at any human opponent below your level and gain a chance to pacify them.
Tier II. When you successfully pacify someone, you can incite them to attack.
Tier III. When you successfully pacify someone, you can give them specific commands. (The commands involve creating a following within that single cell.)

Why does it need to be changed?

Intimidation is a great perk. It provides an alternative means to just blowing everyone's face off. However, it gives zero experience and zero reward! You now have to murder your newly pacified individual if you want loot, which makes no sense if you took the time to try to not kill someone. The perk needs to be changed in a way that allows the risk to have reward in both experience and loot.

What needs to change?

1. Attach experience to pacifying an enemy. I'd suggest making it match what the killing exp would be.
  2. Tier II. I'd love to see the ability to use handcuffs or honestly just being able to "tie" them up, like the animation used when a settler is held hostage during a Minutemen mission. In vanilla, after a while the enemy turns hostile again, and I feel like tying them up should prevent that.
  3. Tier III. You gain access to their entire inventory, weapon and clothing included, without it being considered stealing from them.

I've been checking the nexus daily to see if anyone has done anything close to this, but since nothing has shown up I thought I'd check to see if it was possible for someone to make it :smile:. Let me know if I'm being unrealistic with what I think needs to be changed, thank you all for the awesome work you do!

Edited by James110508

• 5 weeks later...

It isn't possible YET, but once the GECK is out, I absolutely agree. This would be incredible. However, how would it work with animals and such?

That would require a rework for that specific perk, which I cannot remember the name of. But that would be tricky, as you shouldn't be able to take meat off an alive animal IMO.

• 3 weeks later...
Nice, I mostly agree. I would make two suggestions myself, though- first would be a "disarm" option at the first level. It feels disingenuous to me to just leave raider scum armed with my back turned to them. Second, I would make it more difficult to pacify most enemies when they have allies nearby- think one part peer pressure, one part confidence boost.

• 3 months later...

Just wanted to bump this thread again now that modding capabilities are better than ever.

Nice, I mostly agree. I would make two suggestions myself, though- first would be a "disarm" option at the first level. It feels disingenuous to me to just leave raider scum armed with my back turned to them. Second, I would make it more difficult to pacify most enemies when they have allies nearby- think one part peer pressure, one part confidence boost.

Disarming doesn't sound like a bad idea, but I feel like the first step in learning to "intimidate" one's enemies would be just to get them to stop shooting at you :p!

Safety in numbers makes sense, but I'd tie it more to how many sets of eyes are able to see the player. You don't want a radius because then it might include enemies on the other side of a wall?

• 1 month later...