Intimidation Perk Rework

James110508

You can access their inventory once you reach rank three. It's a pain to get to come up sometimes, but you can trade with them the same as you can with their settlers.

I do agree though that the intimidation perk certainly needs updated. I had been hoping Bethesda would add more functionality in their updates, but instead all the DLC primarily does is provide new build items (I'm okay with that, I absolutely love the settlement portion of the game, but I wish they would add more settlement features and management options along with the items.

At along with the current implementation and your suggestions I would like to see:

Rank One -The option to tell them to get out. "bugger off" or something of that sort and they then run away until they are despawned by the game.

Rank Two -The option to enslave them. I'm not sure why people keep demanding the return of the mesmetron gun and the slave collar when their is already a perfectly acceptable enslaving method in game.

On taking them as a slave you can send them to any of your settlements (may need to create a slave faction in the game). Slaves consume water and food in a settlement, but do not count toward

population cap, they also add happiness to your settlers. Slaves are given a value between one and five based on their level (and the player can not see their settlements slave level) If the slave

level ever exceeds the settlements defense value they will revolt (destroying as much as possible and killing as many settlers as possible -player will get a warning "slave revolt in XXX settlement).

I imagine for balance purposes when attempting to capture/enslave their should be another intimidation check if failed the target turns hostile again.

Rank Three- The option to recruit them to your settlement. If successful you can assign them a settlement to go to where they will become a settler. In addition perhaps the rank three perk can also add a small

percentage bonus to the second capture/enslave check.

I'd really like to see this added to the Nuka World DLC, as it makes sense if you can be a raider to be able to be more nefarious (recruit new raiders from settlers, enslave people to do your labor). Based on the lack of new feature implementations in past DLCs though I'm not holding my breath and hope the talented mod community can remedy the situation.

<edit> As an afterthought, perhaps rank two and three should be switched as the ability to add slaves to a settlement for a happiness boost as well as labor freeing up settlers for more happiness type buildings may be a bit

overpowered for a rank 2 perk.

Edited by gavin36

I agree and support this request.

Appreciate the support!

You can access their inventory once you reach rank three. It's a pain to get to come up sometimes, but you can trade with them the same as you can with their settlers.

I do agree though that the intimidation perk certainly needs updated. I had been hoping Bethesda would add more functionality in their updates, but instead all the DLC primarily does is provide new build items (I'm okay with that, I absolutely love the settlement portion of the game, but I wish they would add more settlement features and management options along with the items.

At along with the current implementation and your suggestions I would like to see:

Rank One -The option to tell them to get out. "bugger off" or something of that sort and they then run away until they are despawned by the game.

Rank Two -The option to enslave them. I'm not sure why people keep demanding the return of the mesmetron gun and the slave collar when their is already a perfectly acceptable enslaving method in game.

On taking them as a slave you can send them to any of your settlements (may need to create a slave faction in the game). Slaves consume water and food in a settlement, but do not count toward

population cap, they also add happiness to your settlers. Slaves are given a value between one and five based on their level (and the player can not see their settlements slave level) If the slave

level ever exceeds the settlements defense value they will revolt (destroying as much as possible and killing as many settlers as possible -player will get a warning "slave revolt in XXX settlement).

I imagine for balance purposes when attempting to capture/enslave their should be another intimidation check if failed the target turns hostile again.

Rank Three- The option to recruit them to your settlement. If successful you can assign them a settlement to go to where they will become a settler. In addition perhaps the rank three perk can also add a small

percentage bonus to the second capture/enslave check.

I'd really like to see this added to the Nuka World DLC, as it makes sense if you can be a raider to be able to be more nefarious (recruit new raiders from settlers, enslave people to do your labor). Based on the lack of new feature implementations in past DLCs though I'm not holding my breath and hope the talented mod community can remedy the situation.

<edit> As an afterthought, perhaps rank two and three should be switched as the ability to add slaves to a settlement for a happiness boost as well as labor freeing up settlers for more happiness type buildings may be a bit

overpowered for a rank 2 perk.

These sound like great ideas, but a little expansive for the mod I would like to see. Definitely something maybe a modder could use to expand the base ideas I have though :)!

• 2 months later...