Rome total war vs. medevil 2 total war

cyronarxes

Personally, i believe rome total war was better in my opinion. i believe this because in my view, RTW had more interesting factions, cooler units, funner gameplay, better soundtrack, and just a more interesting atmosphere. Also in RTW, some factions were more technologically advanced than other factions. Nothing was more fun than playing as the greeks and using my superior technology to destroy the gauls and Dacians. while I liked medevil 2 total war a lot. it just didn't have some of the aspects of RTW. Yes it had better graphics, larger maps, and guns, but it lacked in some really cool units. units such as the phalanx, chariots, elephants, warhounds, and other exotic units which were in RTW. In M2TW, there were elaphants used by the mughals, but they weren't playable. finally, none of the factions had an in depth story in M2TW unlike in RTW which had a lot of in depth characters and story around the factions. I hate how in M2TW there is the church who constantly tells you to do things and if you don't, you will be excomunicated and attacked by other factions at the same time. i also hated the inquisitors who would kill your leaders if they lacked pioty. These two factors would get on my nerves. All in all, I miss out on the features from RTW. This Im afraid again shows that most companies choose graphics and combat over story line and gameplay.

i dont own medievel 2 but i want it.

and i agree, the battles in rome where awsome, and could be one sided because you have technology, when playing the romans, i have never lost a battle against barbarians.

heres a screen shot of my most recent battle

huh its only 252 kb and wont let me upload.

huh ahwell i just assulted a dacien villiage with my roman soldiers they had 2450 soldiers (approx) and i had 1500 (approx) i lost only 300 whille i wiped out their entire army.

my favuorite battle was when i was the julii family, i was attacked by 2 armies of gaul they had a total of around 4500, I had 800 romans. I won 4 groups of triarii and one grup of princepes.

if ytou want to now how i won, ask me later.

i dont own medievel 2 but i want it.

and i agree, the battles in rome where awsome, and could be one sided because you have technology, when playing the romans, i have never lost a battle against barbarians.

heres a screen shot of my most recent battle

huh its only 252 kb and wont let me upload.

huh ahwell i just assulted a dacien villiage with my roman soldiers they had 2450 soldiers (approx) and i had 1500 (approx) i lost only 300 whille i wiped out their entire army.

my favuorite battle was when i was the julii family, i was attacked by 2 armies of gaul they had a total of around 4500, I had 800 romans. I won 4 groups of triarii and one grup of princepes.

if ytou want to now how i won, ask me later.

Very true, but my favorite faction is the greeks. the romans are good and all, butt nothing beats a good phalanx, I mean i won against 8,000 gallic warbands, skirmishers, and calvary with 5 units of armoured hoplites and 2 units of greek calvary. Yay! the greeks are so awsome.

ah we all have our awsome one sided victories.

but i bet i could bring a greek army of yours with a roman one of mine.

a phalanx is only strong from the front, every where else, its totaly exposed. could shoot you down from the front while my legionaries come in from the flanks and behind.

historicly, the romans did after all conquer greece :)

If you ask me, the Seleucid Empire is the strongest, with their incredibly powerful Cataphracts, as well as Armoured Elephants. And on top of that, they had powerful spearmen just as the Greeks.

Of the 'barbarian' factions, Germania was certainly the strongest, as they had the only Warbands that could form a Phalanx formation.

ah we all have our awsome one sided victories.

but i bet i could bring a greek army of yours with a roman one of mine.

a phalanx is only strong from the front, every where else, its totaly exposed. could shoot you down from the front while my legionaries come in from the flanks and behind.

historicly, the romans did after all conquer greece :)

Yes that is very true. however that was mainly because greeks were led by idiots such as Phirus 'hence the word Phiric victory" and because the greeks were very disunited and could not muster large armies. if you want to brawl, I will seriously fight you online and kick some Roman Arse :P. Also what i don't get is why everyone believes the Numidians suck. Those guys are freakin awsome. They have some of the best light calvary "numidian Camel Lancers" and the best mobile spear men "Numidian dessert infrantry". Now if the Selucids had those two units, they would be unstoppable. In my opinion, the two main factions which REALLY suck are Carthage (blah!) and gaul (blah! blah! and BLAH!). i also hate the romans in the campaign beacause you will have these giant armies of Triarii and Hastati which all of a suuden become useless onvce you hit post Marius reform Any who disagee with my belief that the Greeks are the best faction can pm me and challeng me to an online battle. This goes for you too jakey boy.

In my opinion, the two main factions which REALLY suck are Carthage (blah!) and gaul (blah! blah! and BLAH!). i also hate the romans in the campaign beacause you will have these giant armies of Triarii and Hastati which all of a suuden become useless onvce you hit post Marius reform Any who disagee with my belief that the Greeks are the best faction can pm me and challeng me to an online battle. This goes for you too jakey boy.

The Greeks are strong, no doubt, but NOT the best. They lack common infantry (well, they do have peasants, but they hardly count :happy: ), and while phalanx formation is very powerful, it leaves them vulnearable on the flanks, literally begging cavalry to charge them on.

I do agree however that Carthage and the Gauls were overestimated (try completing their campaign on Very Hard.... Horror! :ph34r: ).

Well, for me, the Seleucid Empire will always be strongest faction, as they blend both powerful spearmen and infantry, as well as the mighty Cataphracts.

Is noone going to mention Medevil 2?

Fine then, I will.

I've some trully amazing victories/close calls/utter defeats.

In my current Campign (Scottish :ph34r: ) I have ground the English into the dust, twice. The first time, I went through Wales, aroundtheir castle, Nottingham, moving my armies along the south coast, before seigeing London, which provided nearly all of their income. This, combined with me having turned York into a castle, completly screwed them. Then, 50 turns later, they, amazingly, reappered, only to be flattened into ground, by my King and his son.

Is noone going to mention Medevil 2?

Fine then, I will.

I've some trully amazing victories/close calls/utter defeats.

In my current Campign (Scottish :ph34r: ) I have ground the English into the dust, twice. The first time, I went through Wales, aroundtheir castle, Nottingham, moving my armies along the south coast, before seigeing London, which provided nearly all of their income. This, combined with me having turned York into a castle, completly screwed them. Then, 50 turns later, they, amazingly, reappered, only to be flattened into ground, by my King and his son.

I'm not too fond of the Scotts. Sure, they're good alright, but not exactly my type of faction. For me, the English and the French proved themselves too be quite powerful (I just LOVE real tank-cavalry, A.K.A Gendarmes or Lancers :ph34r: ). Too bad they got owned by guns/firearms later in the game.

The most powerful faction in the campaign would be the Mongols and the Timurids. First when I invaded from England, having conquered both the French and the Germans, I ran into the Mongols. I almost sh*t my pants when I saw their armies! :ohmy: At first I thought I were unbeatable, and while I knew the Mongols was supposed to be number one in Military, I never really thought they could be that big.

And when the Mongols was partially out of the game, SWOOSH! Down came the Timurids. :) That's when I quit the game, and chose another faction to play as! :P

Archived