Power Armor: Self Repair Module

Koru01

Hey guys! So, I've been hulking around the wasteland, probably far too much, and have pondered over my past experiences in fallout and have noticed a mild annoyance on my part. My power armor takes damage.

A lot of damage.

I could build a small fleet of aircraft with the material I have put into my X-01 to keep it operational, and that's just me exploring and taking everything that isn't nailed down. I tend to avoid huge encounters and I almost always fight from cover, even in my armor. However, as the frugal and Charisma oriented wastelander that I am, I find it difficult to maintain my power armor repairs, even with all of my settlements -mostly- operational. Aluminum is just so gods be damned uncommon.

The thought ran across my mind, gosh, I wish my power armor had miniature mister handys just hovering over it constantly, repairing every little bit of it all the time, forever.

I would give up my +2 strength torso core and a significant cut to DR or health for a self repair core function. Is this possible? Do I need Codsworth to learn a new skill? Is my dream of a tiny robot army that can clean and repair everything in their wake a potential reality?!!? Am I the future cause of a grey goo XK class end-of-the-world scenario?!?!!!

TLDR: Power Armor self repair core for chest that restores PA pieces hp slowly over time at cost of DR and HP across the board for suit. Possible?

yeah there was that weird dlc perk in nv that allowed you to repair weapons and armor with similar stuff.

But if anything I would go with a new companion that when a damaged portion is out of commission he could fix it for a nominal fee or better yet assign settlers to the power armor stations and if you have extra caps in your workshop from your shops having it at the station for a day or more depending on the power armor torso equipped its fixed

I've actually wanted a mod like this myself. I don't like the mods the turn off damage entirely (Except for maybe the companions. Their armor lasts all of 30 seconds in a super mutant compound.), but would like it if the repair process was a bit more convenient.

An idea I've had in mind is a self repair function that uses scrap materials in your inventory. And is perhaps require less of the rarer materials, such as aluminum, or at least be able to use alternate metals.