ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Make Power Armor and Fusion Cores much, much rarer.

SovietSailor

One of the things that bugs me the most about Fallout 4 (pretty good game otherwise) is how Power Armor is friggin' everywhere, in places that make no sense from a lore perspective. A full set of T-51 outside the Pickman Gallery behind a novice terminal? A T-45 just sitting in the woods outside Sanctuary? Its just silly. And fusion cores! They're everywhere.

So, a mod that I'd like to see be made is just to remove most of the power armor frames from the game world, leaving the ones in dungeons that make sense, as well as removing most of the fusion cores from leveled lists and most vendor lists.

yes - way too much power armor and too easy to find - shouldnt just be where any scavenger would have found it by now

i have so many frames i had to build a storage shed for them in Sanctuary and also have a half dozen at the Castle

i even got 2 out of ponds, (as if they wouldn't be rusted to s*** being in water for 200 years)

and you can buy unlimited t-60 parts from the BOS or Atom Cats - that should be limited and maybe randomized to parts other that t-60

i hate the raider power armor too, ugly as hell - ive actually left a whole bunch of those out in the wasteland

also all fusion cores you find are at 100% - the power left should be random

and when you sell them at 1% left you get the same price as one at 100%

Edited by volksjager88

As an addendum, I'd also like for the Power Armor stations to be rarer too. I don't see why any random gas station or factory has a functional power frame. This is including the one in Sanctuary. Maybe tweak the Local Leader perk so that you can build crafting stations at rank 1 (and do something else for rank 2, maybe, I dunno). Maybe make it so that you can only perform basic repairs on power armor without, say, Rank 4 in Armorer.

I was thinking about how to modify the opening mission in Concord in light of these changes. Maybe make Sturges a moron in thinking that the T-45 on the roof is "cherry". Make the power armor pieces themselves at quarter health, if not less. You jump off the roof, feeling all badass.....then by the end of the fight you're left with a power armor frame, a barely-hanging-on-by-a-thread left T-45 leg, and a drained fusion core. Drives the point home that power armor is something meant to be cherished and lovingly maintained, rather than a Magic Mushroom you can find anywhere.

(Come on, GECK, come on.)

(Also console sharing too, that'd be nice...)

Edited by SovietSailor