Medevil 2: Total War.

Ginji

This Topic was created so that people who have got Med2 can discuss tactics and their:

>Awesome Victories.

>Close Wins/Losses.

>Complete and Utter Defeats.

My current tactic (as the Scots :ph34r: ) is what I call 'The charge of the Rabble Brigade'. Basicaly, it involves bringing a couple of units of Highland Rabble to every fight, and, the second the battle starts, charging them full tilt into the enemies best unit, causing utter chaos, allowing me extra time to get into position and move towards my opponent. It work well when seiging villages, like York and Dublin (no walls, you see) as it disrupts their positions, ready for my horsies and spearmen to slam into.

So what are yours?

That depends on the mood I'm in. Sometimes I feel like mass-producing peasants just for fun, and to use as cannon fodder, sometimes I want a line of unbreakable knights, charging over the battlefield, crushing everything in its way.

Otherwise it's the standard tactics. You know, spearmen up front, cavalry behind and at the flanks to act as support in case of something bad happens, infantry to chop everone up and to use as tanks, archers/artillery behind bombarding the enemy etc. The usual stuff.

...peasants just for fun, and to use as cannon fodder

I'll show you cannon fodder, scratch that, no I won't, not unless I find my USB drive in the next 5mins.

So I'll describe it to you, 12 units of Highland Rabble vs 6 of the best cannons, 3 of the best moorish spearmen, 1 of the best Moorish archers and 2 of the best Moorish Horsies.

The massarce ended with the Scottish general (Only man left) being chased by my ENTIRE army (cannon crews included) off of the map.

...peasants just for fun, and to use as cannon fodder

I'll show you cannon fodder, scratch that, no I won't, not unless I find my USB drive in the next 5mins.

So I'll describe it to you, 12 units of Highland Rabble vs 6 of the best cannons, 3 of the best moorish spearmen, 1 of the best Moorish archers and 2 of the best Moorish Horsies.

The massarce ended with the Scottish general (Only man left) being chased by my ENTIRE army (cannon crews included) off of the map.

Were you the Scotts or the Moorish? :huh:

Were you the Scotts or the Moorish? :huh:

Oh, this was a custom battle.

I was annoyed at the Scottish at the time.

So I felt like being harsh.

Edit: So I was a bit off with the numbers, but here is that pic;

• 2 weeks later...
Set the battle difficulty so the enemy don't attack you when they're defending (medium), then get lots of archers, kill half their troops with them, then send in the cavalry. Easy win.

Archived