Vault Girl Mod Development Thread

Deleted4077875User

I couldn't find the original high-res WWII "We Can Do It" poster in the game files while using the BAE extractor.

Do you know where exactly it lays within the files? Because "SetDressing/UrbanPosters04_d.dds" got something different in the original game files.

I think there was originally a lady liberty war bond poster there. I just replaced it with my own custom poster. There isn't a higher resolution version than what is in the mod already.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So... many... options... :ohdear: :wub:

After finally getting through it all, I looked at what other mods I have that it conflicted with (and hadn't asked me about), and Spoiler-free Quest Animations stood out notably. Any chance for compatibility with that? From the mod description:

It will replace all special quest animations with the default "thumbs up" animation.

So I'm guessing you already have the animation, it just needs to be copied over to replace the various spoilery quest animations. :smile:

Also, Bobblehead_Stand01_g.dds conflicts with BIFF - Bobblehead Improvements Fixes and Furbish, which I find curious as I thought you didn't intend to change the bobblehead stands.

Oh, and there's also also a conflict with DEF_INV (Interface/Pipboy_InvPage.swf), but not sure whether this is included with the DEF_UI patch or not. I guess I'll find out shortly. :smile:

Now that I've actually played with it in-game, I must say it's very nice. :thumbsup: One thing though. If I let hudmenu.swf override HUDFramework's, I get this screen in the game:

D2Al3qS.jpg

And yes, I picked HUDFramework compatibility everywhere it was an option. The only file conflicting between the two is the hudmenu.swf one. If I let HUDFramework's hudmenu.swf override Vault Girl Mod's, it seems like everything is working as advertised. Lots/most/almost all Vault Boys replaced by Vault Girls. :smile:

When are you going to post this in the mod section?

I'd really like to endorse your work!

I know you don't think its complete yet but I think the rest of nexus needs to see what your doing.

Please consider it?

I will at some point. There are a few things I would to do before it's ready for going on the nexus.

So... many... options... :ohdear: :wub:

After finally getting through it all, I looked at what other mods I have that it conflicted with (and hadn't asked me about), and Spoiler-free Quest Animations stood out notably. Any chance for compatibility with that? From the mod description:

It will replace all special quest animations with the default "thumbs up" animation.

So I'm guessing you already have the animation, it just needs to be copied over to replace the various spoilery quest animations. :smile:

Also, Bobblehead_Stand01_g.dds conflicts with BIFF - Bobblehead Improvements Fixes and Furbish, which I find curious as I thought you didn't intend to change the bobblehead stands.

Oh, and there's also also a conflict with DEF_INV (Interface/Pipboy_InvPage.swf), but not sure whether this is included with the DEF_UI patch or not. I guess I'll find out shortly. :smile:

I can do a spoiler free mission animation option. I'll remove the bobblehead stand textures from the mod. I was at one point planning to edit them, but never did.

Now that I've actually played with it in-game, I must say it's very nice. :thumbsup: One thing though. If I let hudmenu.swf override HUDFramework's, I get this screen in the game:

D2Al3qS.jpg

And yes, I picked HUDFramework compatibility everywhere it was an option. The only file conflicting between the two is the hudmenu.swf one. If I let HUDFramework's hudmenu.swf override Vault Girl Mod's, it seems like everything is working as advertised. Lots/most/almost all Vault Boys replaced by Vault Girls. :smile:

I think I know what could be causing the problem. If I get rid of the xml files that are in my mod it will keep my mod from overwriting your xml files. We'll see.

There's some minor bug in the "levelupmenu.swf" file, where perk stars won't show up for any perks in the chart except with the top basic SPECIAL skills.

This is a known issue. Next update might fix this.

When new update??

Honestly? When it's ready. It's hard to put a date on any of this because the time I have to work on it (or want to spend on it) varies a lot. Also when people point out things they want to see addressed in the mod like a patch or feature or a glitch I will try to incorporate that into the next update if it seems like a good idea.

Just can't thank you enough for the work you've put into this. Until I installed it and began playing I did not realize that you also changed all the wasteland wall posters, billboards, calendars, etc. Now I see how ambitious your project is and the amount of work you've done / have left. I don't know if this makes it all worth it but as a fallout gamer it just overjoys me to forget I have this installed, get completely wrapped up in the game and stumble past something like this. I hope you get to finish your mod, I know if you do everyone will love it

http://img272.imagevenue.com/loc453/th_15684_vaultgirl_122_453lo.jpg

Edited by wileecoyote1969