Need help merging .esp plugins

TracerFox

Okay, quick summary of my situation and desired goal.

Situation: I'm rapidly running into the 255 cap on plugins, primarily due to mods which use a dozen small, modular plugins; as well as a lot of mods which add or change one or two records.

Desired Goal: I want to reduce the number of plugins in my list by merging those modular plugins into a single big plugin, and do much the same for all the little mods which don't conflict.

Problem: I've been successful in using FO4Edit to merge plugins which contain records that are simply overrides of fallout4.esm records, however attempting to use the same 'copy as override' on records which are totally new/unique to that mod results in the old mod remaining as a master, which pretty much defeats the purpose of trying to merge it to cut down on plugins.

so is it even possible to "copy" unique records from one plugin into another plugin? If so, how the heck is this accomplished?

Copy the new/unique forms as new records into your merged .esp, this way they'll still work as they're supposed to but won't be slaves to the original mod .esp.

Edit: You might have to check and change any references existing in forms to reference to the newly made form ID's.

Edited by Guest

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/37981/?

This one worked fine for my mods :wink:

Isn't that one made to work with Skyrim? Will it function with FO4?

It was made to work with TESEdit back to FO3Edit, however its lost support since being moved to a standalone http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/69905/?

Since it uses the xEdit codebase as an API, I dont think there would be too many issues using it for FO4.

Whelp, turns out it works after all for merging simple mods like standalone armor paint plugins!

Haven't gotten around to trying something more complex, but even that alone will cut down on my plugin count! Now if I could just figure out how to copy unique entries from one plugin into another using FO4Edit, I'll be set!

EDIT: Oh, just wanted to say I tried using the standalone mod merge utility, and unfortunately it won't recognize Fallout 4 yet, so couldn't even test with that.

Edited by TracerFox

I still have the same Problem.

I use merge Plugin 1.9 which works fine in general.

But i have 2 different weapon mods as two different .esp. I want both merged but if some weapon mods conflict each other i want to make the first file "mastering" the other file.

But this just dont work. I manually deleted all files of the secondary esp file so there wont be any duplicates anymore. But this is a lot work and needs to be done manually. Copy as Override didnt work.

Is there a more simply way to do so? Why isnt overwriting objects just not possible this way? There must be some kind of order somewhere or somehow?!?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...