AMD update made Fallout 4 run way worse, any way to downgrade?

Superrpgman

First of all, yes, I do regret getting amd, but I'm poor and stuck with it.

Anyways, AMD asked to upgrade the drivers, I did so, and now Fallout 4 is almost unplayable. Is there a way to go back to the previous driver? Thanks.

AMD isn't that bad, both AMD and Intel have their merits. Anyway, you can try using a system restore to get back to a point before you've updated. Think Windows creates a system restore point when installing new stuff by default, so you'll probably be able to go back to the exact point where you decided to update.

Unfortunatly windows will only do the restore point thingy, when its installed from windows itself. If amd wont trigger the function themself, no restore point is done.

That's a pretty d**k move on their part =/

how about just download and install the old driver package?

Most drivers won't allow this if there's already a newer version installed.

Most drivers won't allow this if there's already a newer version installed.

It works well with the nVidia drivers. I did this a couple of times now in Win10 x64 in the last 10 months, because nVidia do f*** up things too with new drivers, especial with the old GPUs.

AFAIK this works well with the catalyst drivers too, but it was a couple of years ago since i had a ATI GPU, i dont know if anything have changed since then, i doubt it, but i dont know for sure.

After you uninstalled the previous driver, try these packages, they should be multilingual:

http://www.computerbase.de/downloads/treiber/grafikkarten/amd-catalyst-komplettpaket/

Edited by Fl0W