Ultimate Fallout 4 Mod Compilation. 100+ Working Mods with Installation Instructions.

Haoswidasee

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Haoswidasee Thank you for this. Please bare with me, for I would like to give a little back history of my PC gaming life. Up until 3 weeks ago, I never had the money to build a moderately high end PC rig, so I never really experienced the thrill of gaming on them. I've always been a console person (I'm 45 and the first console for me was the Atari 2800), ditched my PlayStation when XBox hit the market way back when (Microsoft was saying before it hit the market that the XBox would be able to load PC games on the system). But after playing The Witcher 3 & FO4 on my XBox One, I knew only a PC could handle large "Open World" games like TW3 & FO4. So I finally had the money to build one a little over the FO4 recommended specs (TW3 recommended is less than FO4), with enough room to upgrade the CPU & GPU down the road to play anything else that catches my eye in the "Open World" type of games.

Now back to my point, Thank you again for doing this, I was confused by other members that created a "load order". I have since learned the importance of loading certain *.esm files first. The others, not so much. On that note I am asking if I may suggest something that will make it easier for first time PC mod users (and I will use the following term with affection for us virgins) aka "Dumb-asses" to follow along with your Mod list. Since the majority will (like me) use NMM, could you break it down even further on which category the mod is listed under. As in, Player Settlements, UI, Bugs & Patches.....I don't need to list them all.

Please, I am only making a suggestion. I am very happy that I stumbled onto your thread. I can't give you any higher praise than making your thread a perm bookmark on my Google Chrome, Because I see that you are constantly updating, and that is a wonderful thing. The only reason I am asking this is because I am one who wants to see what the modder that you list has anything else I want to check out, but, wouldn't know where it would be categorized, using your method. I know it might sound petty but it's an OCD thing for me. Also because some of the mods do matter in the way of load order. Your advice to DL all mods before loading is helpful to ones that already know how it works, but ones like me, OCD driven and DL a few at a time & enabled them & check the plugins to make sure there was nothing red colored, do not understand what goes first and not go together with another. Not only that but, I really doubt I will be buying any DLC, and I would like to know which of the mods on your list is DLC only mods. As well as the reason for your choice on removing the mods and putting different ones in their place for those of us that have gone by your list before April 28th (I know, it really sounds petty & a PITA. I don't mean it to sound that way, honestly).

Thank you again for your help & your list. And thank you for your time in reading this post, I have some updating to do on my NMM.

BadWolf

P.S. There is also a new Settlement Keywords (SKI), it does not conflict with anything & has, currently, 6 optional files that will give out new *.esm. Link to follow for your advice if this is any better:

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/12647/?

Edited by DontBlnkBadWolf

@Haoswidasee Thank you for this. Please bare with me, for I would like to give a little back history of my PC gaming life. Up until 3 weeks ago, I never had the money to build a moderately high end PC rig, so I never really experienced the thrill of gaming on them. I've always been a console person (I'm 45 and the first console for me was the Atari 2800), ditched my PlayStation when XBox hit the market way back when (Microsoft was saying before it hit the market that the XBox would be able to load PC games on the system). But after playing The Witcher 3 & FO4 on my XBox One, I knew only a PC could handle large "Open World" games like TW3 & FO4. So I finally had the money to build one a little over the FO4 recommended specs (TW3 recommended is less than FO4), with enough room to upgrade the CPU & GPU down the road to play anything else that catches my eye in the "Open World" type of games.

Now back to my point, Thank you again for doing this, I was confused by other members that created a "load order". I have since learned the importance of loading certain *.esm files first. The others, not so much. On that note I am asking if I may suggest something that will make it easier for first time PC mod users (and I will use the following term with affection for us virgins) aka "Dumb-asses" to follow along with your Mod list. Since the majority will (like me) use NMM, could you break it down even further on which category the mod is listed under. As in, Player Settlements, UI, Bugs & Patches.....I don't need to list them all.

Please, I am only making a suggestion. I am very happy that I stumbled onto your thread. I can't give you any higher praise than making your thread a perm bookmark on my Google Chrome, Because I see that you are constantly updating, and that is a wonderful thing. The only reason I am asking this is because I am one who wants to see what the modder that you list has anything else I want to check out, but, wouldn't know where it would be categorized, using your method. I know it might sound petty but it's an OCD thing for me. Also because some of the mods do matter in the way of load order. Your advice to DL all mods before loading is helpful to ones that already know how it works, but ones like me, OCD driven and DL a few at a time & enabled them & check the plugins to make sure there was nothing red colored, do not understand what goes first and not go together with another. Not only that but, I really doubt I will be buying any DLC, and I would like to know which of the mods on your list is DLC only mods. As well as the reason for your choice on removing the mods and putting different ones in their place for those of us that have gone by your list before April 28th (I know, it really sounds petty & a PITA. I don't mean it to sound that way, honestly).

Thank you again for your help & your list. And thank you for your time in reading this post, I have some updating to do on my NMM.

BadWolf

P.S. There is also a new Settlement Keywords (SKI), it does not conflict with anything & has, currently, 6 optional files that will give out new *.esm. Link to follow for your advice if this is any better:

I have been playing a lot of other games recently but I will point out a few helpful things for you. If you want to see more of what an author has, you go to the nexus and search their user name that I have listed next to one of their mods in my list. Find their nexus profile and click the "Files" tab. And it will list everything they have ever made.

The reason this list requires DLC is because most mods will eventually be updated to require DLC, and I will not be notified when this happens. Currently there are around 200 mods in this list, and there is no way to know right when they change so it's easier just to spend the little bit of cash for DLC, not to mention the DLC makes this game far better. As far as breaking it down more, the forum has a limit on how many times I can change a color pattern and also a limit on how long my actual forum can be. It was actually broken down into 3 lists at once before, The original, the neon wasteland, and hardcore survival. But when the forum is that big I literally cannot save it.

I am looking into SKI right now, thanks for the heads up.

Edited by Haoswidasee

BadWolf

I have been playing a lot of other games recently but I will point out a few helpful things for you. If you want to see more of what an author has, you go to the nexus and search their user name that I have listed next to one of their mods in my list. Find their nexus profile and click the "Files" tab. And it will list everything they have ever made.

The reason this list requires DLC is because most mods will eventually be updated to require DLC, and I will not be notified when this happens. Currently there are around 200 mods in this list, and there is no way to know right when they change so it's easier just to spend the little bit of cash for DLC, not to mention the DLC makes this game far better. As far as breaking it down more, the forum has a limit on how many times I can change a color pattern and also a limit on how long my actual forum can be. It was actually broken down into 3 lists at once before, The original, the neon wasteland, and hardcore survival. But when the forum is that big I literally cannot save it.

I understand completely. I noticed that you have gone with SKI, so it must be a good thing. Is it alright to suggest other mods, or is that something you investigate on your own?

BadWolf

I understand completely. I noticed that you have gone with SKI, so it must be a good thing. Is it alright to suggest other mods, or is that something you investigate on your own?

Now that the toolkit is out mods are coming out in droves lol. I get suggestions every single day, feel free to send them my way. It's easy to miss a good mod now that they get pushed back pages and pages every day.

did you sort out and get mods working again?

1.5 pretty much killed the game for me.

Oh yeah, did a big update. Read up on how to get them to stay active, something about making a mod folder read only, and then the mods won't automatically disable anymore. Have to fix that folder anytime you want to add mods though.

Now that the toolkit is out mods are coming out in droves lol. I get suggestions every single day, feel free to send them my way. It's easy to miss a good mod now that they get pushed back pages and pages every day.

Cool, right on. I'll put in the links at the bottom of this post. I'm not good at the linking thing, so they will list the full address.

I am liking the Loving Piper, Cait & Curie collection by KoozBane. The hard choice was Loving Piper, there are 3 different ones to choose from on here. I went with the "True Reporter" Piper. With the glasses on she kinda reminds me of a hot librarian, lol.

And there is a different Hancock out there as well. I don't agree with the name of it, but that's because I'm a guy. Anyway it's called "Sexy Hancock" by Dysthe. It's an *.esp installer with 3 different choices of skin tone, option for "mutton chops" with or without, and a option for a better red color of his coat.

For those that are walking dead fans, Gandalf has Road Leathers w/ Daryl Dixon wings. Not an installer, so no *.esp plug in to worry about. But there are different choices for the different types on the NMM web page.

I think that's it for now. If I come across any that you have yet to see or get referred to, I'll post on here. And, like you, I will also state the author's name with the Mod that I send you. Credit is given to where credit is due.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/9811/? - this one is for Loving Piper. The ones for Cait & Curie should be easy enough to get from clicking on the up-loader's name

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/5505/? - Road Leathers

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/12029/? - Sexy Hancock

BadWolf