NMM keeps de-activating all plugins

Puddycat

Ok, as the title say's, a couple of times a day i'll start Fallout and all plugins will have been deselected.

I quit playing Fallout 4 around a week after i got it and recently started it again, now that some of my biggest issues with the game have been adressed with mods.

Obviously, when i started again, i had an update for nmm so installed that. After that, everytime i opened nmm i got a pop-up saying that plugins.txt was read only. I told it to make it not read only and also saved my answer eventually to get rid of the annoying pop-ups.

Now...all my plugins are getting de-selected quite a lot of times daily. It's no biggy i guess, but it's annoying as hell.

Sooo, it's my understanding that nmm is supposed to make the plugins.txt not read only when you're installing and uninstalling mods, but then when you close nmm it is supposed to set it back to read only. Is that correct?

Cause if so, that's what it's not doing. It doesn't always set it back to read only.

And Would that then cause all plugins to be deselected when i run the Fallout launcher?

And if i'm assuming all that correctly, how do i now tell nmm NOT to keep making it read only?

(I've added all the mods i think i want right now and only open nmm to run bodyslide)

Or if i'm wrong on everything there, any help would be appreciated! :)

When did you download NMM? There is a new version. Shortly after game release they updated Fallout so it would auto deactivate all your mods when you start Fallout4. You can buypass that by opening NMM then checkboxing all the plugins and then clicking play.

OR you can download the newest version of NMM which should stop the game from forcing all your mods off each time.

Yeh i was aware of the update doing that, i stopped playing before the update went live fully (it was just an option), but then started playing again and it had obviously been rolled out by then.

So when i started nmm it had indeed unticked the few mods i had which i expected. I updated those, added some more. As well as updating nmm, so i have the latest version

But it still keeps deselecting them all a couple of times a day.

Edited by Puddycat

most good 3rd party mod managers set the Plugins.txt to read-only when done to stop the game from resetting once launched.. I have no idea why one as big as NMM would ignore such a useful and simple fix such as this.. Even if its just a stop-gap until a proper method if found (most likely with the GECK's release) It's still better then what we have now....

most good 3rd party mod managers set the Plugins.txt to read-only when done to stop the game from resetting once launched.. I have no idea why one as big as NMM would ignore such a useful and simple fix such as this.. Even if its just a stop-gap until a proper method if found (most likely with the GECK's release) It's still better then what we have now....

Oh so is nmm not setting it to read only when done for everyone? I thought it was just not working for me for some reason

Hmm well that's strange, and kind of annoying.

I don't think it's supposed to be behaving like that though so i wonder if there is still something we can do to make it work as intended.

So do you know, if i'm also right in thinking that it is running the Fallout 4 launcher that then deselects all plugins?

Cause maybe bypassing the launcher will be a work around for now :/

This happens to me too which is why I try to play a good amount before adding new mods... which means having to open up NMM for it to deactivate all that I have created...My question is in NMM why all of your mods still show up as installed when clearly in game they're not working. I noticed that the plugins tab is all unselected but the mod area shows its installed? I was thinking of checking all the plugins but was afraid of "load order" Is there a place to learn about this? Or can it be easily explained? Can I just tick all the unticked plugins to reactivate my mods everytime NMM unselects them? Truly so damn annoying. I have to recreate all the stuff I made with mods in game and re modify all my equipment. I reached level 51 just modding my equipment over and over again due to the mods shutting off every time I play.

Desie, no it doesn't uninstall them, it just unticks the plugin so they won't show in game. It's safe to just keep re-ticking them.

Maybe someone else can help you better as far as load order goes. There are programs that do it for you, but i just do my own by trial and error and reading the individual mod pages for general placement suggestions. So i'm really not the best person to help you with that ha.

Takara, i've tried running it as admin too and it still doesn't set it back to read only after i close it.

What OS are you on Takara? I'm on Windows 7, maybe it could be a problem just for certain ones? I dunno, just clutching at straws really :/