ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Disabling the main quest

SlendermanJones

I don't really like the main quest at all, it's one of the game's many big flaws, and I'd really like to play without dealing with it. What I'd like is a mod that just prevents any of the main quests from triggering after exiting the vault. Is this possible? It would be a nice bonus if that could include wiping Preston and his pals from existence, but it's not strictly necessary.

Edited by SlendermanJones

This may or may not be of use, but I'll toss it out there. Once you leave the Vault, Interact with your robot... go to concord, help Preston up to the point where you kill the Deathclaw, and just never go back inside. This quest is in the list, but I have not gone back... I have 6 settlements so far. There is no one in Sanctuary as of yet, but I have not erected a beacon there either. I still get the radio emergency transmissions, but not the minuteman ones. I stumbled onto Cait and now she is my follower and I guess "defacto" wife (I did do her quest line).

You do realize that you'll miss out on a lot of things with the main quests and companions disabled right? (i.e. (side)quests, people, places). There's quite some stuff that is enabled by progressing through the main quests.

Anyway, if you don't like the main quests, maybe this isn't the game for you (no offense).

I don't think that it needs to be disabled, just ignored.

An alternate start mod could do this.

Staring out as a Raider, Gunner or BOS would be nice.

I didn't like the main quest in Skyirm. I only played through twice but I have been playing the game since it came out. I am not bothering with the main quest in this game either.

Fallout 4 will make a nice fantasy simulator. I plan on playing for years to come.

Later