NifSkope: NIFs not loading, help needed.

Khtugg

Hi All,

I've used Outfit Studio to utilise and refit 2pac's Fatigues'(Desdemona's outfit) mesh for Elianora's Red Fatigues(a Desdemona outfit variant), but in order to use the red fatigues' textures I have to edit the nif using NifSkope, or so I'm told. I've downloaded NifSkope but I can't load the nif. When ever I try the process fails with a window popping up saying:

""failed to load file header (version 14020007, 20.2.0.7)""

"failed to load nif from 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Fallout 4/Data/Meshes/Elianora/Armour Collection/Desdemona/FOutfit.nif'"

It's been a real pig of a job trying to figure out where to go next and I have not found any answers on the net yet. So I'd like to ask you of help: Do you know what I'm doing wrong? If so, how do I fix it? What is the current or most up to date version of NifSkope and where to download it? I saw something about a related XML file update, and another thing about compiling stuff but I don't understand what that entails...

I realise that all this make me look like a newbie but that's what I am. I can't figure it out myself... The remodded Red Fatigues works fine on the whole, all I need is to get it's proper textures up and running. Any guidance, advice, hints and/or tips would be much appreciated!

Thanks for reading.