Cant find modcrafting indicator

yerude

Does anyone know how to disable "assembling" weaponmods for free, if you already have the mod?

example how it is in vanilla:

You have a 10mm Pistol + 10mm long Barrel mod in your inventory. You want to assemble the barrel on your weapon and you dont need to pay any materials because you already have the weapon mod.

what i want to achieve:

disable crafting weapon mods (already did, works well, thx to Darkangel for help)

use materials for assembling the weapon mod. (of course lesser, maybe just 2 screws and a tape)

example how it should work instead:

You have a 10mm Pistol + 10mm long Barrel mod in your inventory. You want to assemble the barrel on your weapon and you have to spend 2 screws and one tape for it (instead of nothing).

If you have a rocket launcher + 4 barrel ammo and want to add it to your rocket launcher, you cannot because your charackter is lvl 16 only and the mod requires lvl 24.

so you always need to pay some screws and tape everytime you want to change weaponmods even if you already have the mod.

What i would like to achieve in the future:

Crafting weapon mods require high lvl and more mats. (already did)

Assembling mods require low lvl and less mats. (In vanilla you can always equip your weapon or armor mods no matter what lvl you have, i want a little bit more control about high tech mods beeing realy high tech for high lvl charackters.)

Edited by yerude

Unfortunately not. Using weaponmods you already have does not require any perk. So it wont help if the perk level requirement is higher.

This is why i need to find out how this adding a weaponmod to a weapon is build.

i already managed to make my mods dont show up with conditions ^^ The main problem stays. If you have a mod, you can always use it no matter what. Maybe i will give it up :*(

But i did well so far, i think my mod will still be fun.

Edited by yerude

U still have this problem?

Did you find the recipe for simply attaching the mod? If not it will be done by script, which sould be pretty easy to fix once you will get the Script opening and then compiling back again under control. If you do pls let me know. I don't want to mess with scripts till GECK but hey maybe I will.

I have no clue of scripting. Never did so far.

But with .esp editing i think it is impossible. I am not able to comsume materials when equipping a mod i already have. It is always for free and i didnt find any gamesettings or whatever entries in the fallout4.esm