ShadowoftheWolf

If you need help getting new meshes into the game, I can help. I use autodesk software all the time. Mostly I use 3ds max to import/export meshes.

I got similar offer from another user earlier today, so I should be okay with getting the models into the game now. Thanks for the offer though, I'll let you know if I need help.

If skyrim and fo4 have the same data files, shouldnt it be possible to copy a bow of skyrim and use it in fo4? Of course some adjustments are necessary.

Skyrim and FO4 use different versions of the format, so they aren't directly interchangeable. Whilst it's possible to transfer meshes from Skyrim, you'd need to convert them to the .nif supported by FO4 first.

Edited by Junnari

Why do I see so many typos in these posts? It's 2016 for f*#@s sake! Use spell check. Even when you don't know the correct spelling. Little wavy red lines appear under the words that are not spelled correctly. Can't take two seconds to right click and choose one of the spellings for that word?

As for Skyrim bow physics in FallOut 4. You will still need the CK to convert those animations and textures to FallOut's version. It maybe the same engine but at the same time. They aren't. Someone resourceful could find a work around though. The physics is already in the game for projectile drop at range. Example: Grenades. Crossbows would be ideal. For those who don't know. Bows are easy to use but difficult to master. It also depends on the bow itself. Short bows are weak but good for hunting small game. They also don't require much skill to use as it's range is limited. Now long bows are a whole other breed of bows. You can't just pick it up and use like it's natural. The draw on those bows are huge! Not for the inexperienced and weak. It took years to train one long bowmen during the medieval era. Crossbows made it possible to field large amounts of untrained or poorly trained farmers equipped with them.

Their is a trade off from bows and crossbows. The draw on crossbows are much much bigger then on bows but that doesn't mean faster arrows flying longer. Bolts are light. Lighter then arrows. Bolts are shorter then arrows.

Range and power are the differences between the two. Probably more but you want to be as far away from your target as possible when you engage with either. Crossbows take time to reload, depending on older ones or modern ones. Bowmen can fire rapidly, provided they are trained well, and only are limited in how many arrows their quivers can carry.

As for the arrows/bolts themselves. Though you can attach explosives, lights, rope, and a ton of other things to them. Their is a drawback. For example. If you want your arrows to explode. You are going to have two options. Fused arrows or contact arrows. The tip will be changed to hold an explosive charge. It will deal regular damage along with it's tiny payload of explosives. Likewise if you rig a fusion cell to explode on contact. It won't deal as much damaged if you just used that cell in an energy based weapon.

But in the sense of survival, those who don't know how to make even crude gunpowder can't reload spent casings and cast new bullets. Unless you go back to musket based tech using ball and powder. Bows would be useful to stealth players as they would make almost no noise firing. In fact, you'd have to be pretty close to hear a bow fire an arrow. Crossbows would make a bit more noise but less then a silenced pipe pistol. Honestly, for early game use. I'd rather use a bow or crossbow then the crappy .38 pipe weapons.

It will only be a matter of time before someone digs up something in the game code like they did with a few weapons that are in the game but haven't been included in the usable part. Also the CK will help out a lot to make the process easier.

The irony of complaining about spelling mistakes then having loads of mistakes yourself. Please dude, get off your high horse.

Fallout, not FallOut.

>There is a trade>, not <Their is a trade>

<The draw on crossbows IS> not <The draw on crossbows are>

<are only limited> not <only are limited> (yes, English has very specific word order rules)

And others, equally impressive.

Anyway, bows and crossbows can be made. We need animations and import tools, thus we need CK. F4 is already Skyrim with guns, why not just add the bows and arrows and make it almost Skyrim; after all, it might even prove fun.

Why do I see so many typos in these posts? It's 2016 for f*#@s sake! Use spell check. Even when you don't know the correct spelling. Little wavy red lines appear under the words that are not spelled correctly. Can't take two seconds to right click and choose one of the spellings for that word?

As for Skyrim bow physics in FallOut 4. You will still need the CK to convert those animations and textures to FallOut's version. It maybe the same engine but at the same time. They aren't. Someone resourceful could find a work around though. The physics is already in the game for projectile drop at range. Example: Grenades. Crossbows would be ideal. For those who don't know. Bows are easy to use but difficult to master. It also depends on the bow itself. Short bows are weak but good for hunting small game. They also don't require much skill to use as it's range is limited. Now long bows are a whole other breed of bows. You can't just pick it up and use like it's natural. The draw on those bows are huge! Not for the inexperienced and weak. It took years to train one long bowmen during the medieval era. Crossbows made it possible to field large amounts of untrained or poorly trained farmers equipped with them.

Their is a trade off from bows and crossbows. The draw on crossbows are much much bigger then on bows but that doesn't mean faster arrows flying longer. Bolts are light. Lighter then arrows. Bolts are shorter then arrows.

Range and power are the differences between the two. Probably more but you want to be as far away from your target as possible when you engage with either. Crossbows take time to reload, depending on older ones or modern ones. Bowmen can fire rapidly, provided they are trained well, and only are limited in how many arrows their quivers can carry.

1. No likes a spelling or grammar nazi.

2. You cant use Skyrim's (or any other game, including FO3 or NV) animations, textures, meshes, etc. in a mod you plan to release publicly as it breaks copyright laws.

3. Bolts where generally several times heavier then arrows to achieve a better kinteic punch and get threw that metal armor - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crossbow#Projectiles

Edited by lilkandeekid

DarksAnthro, would it shock you to know that there are many, many people using this forum that don't speak English as their primary? That some even use translators, or translate portions they don't know how to write in English? So get over it. As was already pointed out, you had plenty of mistakes in your post anyway.

Back on topic, its great to see progress being made on this, as I think a bow can definitely be a cool addition to this world. (I think of a Hawkeye-inspired bow, with unique arrows designed for one special task lol. Gotta love the arrow he had SPECIFICALLY for hacking the controls of the helicarrier :P_

Heey nice one! Anyways, very nice work! I might want to add in with a scrap bow later. ^^

It's plausible as entry level version of the current recurve bow as that'd allow making the recurve to be more later end weapon. However apart from other things that I'm currently prioritizing over additional weapons, I'm currently planning on adding a crossbow as next weapon as that has been pretty requested feature and can probably be pretty well implemented with existing animations.

Heey nice one! Anyways, very nice work! I might want to add in with a scrap bow later. ^^

It's plausible as entry level version of the current recurve bow as that'd allow making the recurve to be more later end weapon. However apart from other things that I'm currently prioritizing over additional weapons, I'm currently planning on adding a crossbow as next weapon as that has been pretty requested feature and can probably be pretty well implemented with existing animations.

Indeed, you can even use the laser musket's loading animation as a "pull load" function for the cross bow. :)