3 round burst

movalmedic

Well, history and logistics of burst fire aside, this thread went off course lol. I am curious myself what would be the best route for burst fire, or whether we need to wait for the GECK to do it properly. Toggle switching between auto, burst, and single would be excellent, too.

I use Assault rifle with the Rifleman perk. It is non automatic, but with a very fast firing rate weapon. My shots are more accurate than Combat rifle with automatic receiver. The thing about this game is, automatic weapon seems to have a much lower damage per round. Why? Bullet is bullet, from the same gun, it should offer similar damage. So for the same amount of bullet, automatic weapon delivers much less damage. Or another word, for the same amount of damage, single shot weapon saves a lot more bullets.

But in fact, you should approach with self made burst. Which means don't hold the trigger down too long. Unlike real life, it's not that hard to put in a 2-4 round burst per click. so a mod is not necessary.

Well, history and logistics of burst fire aside, this thread went off course lol. I am curious myself what would be the best route for burst fire, or whether we need to wait for the GECK to do it properly. Toggle switching between auto, burst, and single would be excellent, too.

Not possible until GECK comes out to do 'real' firing modes mod. Only thing that could be done is burst firing receivers for weapon, and that's only if you figure out how to change the rate of fire to a burst mode.

There are AI variables in fallout4.esm

I also changed them for my own mod. You can switch between dueling and flanking and can set the teamwork chances and radius.

But last one shouldnt increased too much because i figured out this is realy problematic. This value defines how the enemys call other enemys to help them.

If you are in a building and the teamwork chance and radius is too high, everyone in the building wants to charge you. This also results in stupid bugs.

Like they cant reach you for some reason and somehow it also can be influenced by enemys out of buildings. So if you leave the building you will stay at the outer door sorrounded by 20 raiders which came out of nowhere.

Wasnt easy to find the perfect values. Also flanking does work, but i dont know how it is controllable.

I set almost every ranged enemy to flanking except some special ones. This is not as good as maybe expected in tactical shooters, but it works and is realy much better than standard AI.

If you would like to change the behavier in a more deep way i guess you would need to change the whole script which i dont think is possible in some .esp files because you only change some variables.

Programing ai is also difficult even for experienced programers.

In XCOM it was possible to rewrite the ai script because you were able to read the code via Unreal Editor Explorer and rewrite it and assign the changes with hexediting the exe.

This was pretty advanced for regular modding and i dont realy recomend this. I could imagine this will work for the upcoming xcom again but i hope this time they will support us with some modding tools.

• 1 year later...