Earache, XFO, or FOOK?

Mookeylama

I used Book of Earache for Fallout 3 and loved it. The reason why I haven't yet played FNV with BOE is that it would conflict too much with other mods that I'm using. Also, the fact that XFO is modular makes it so much better for me. I like that idea of setting up your game the way you want it, think of it as a difficulty setting with advanced options if you will. I can still use every other mod I want with XFO and toghether they make Fallout New Vegas into a really awesome game that I can't stop playing!

Book of Earache is highly modular as well. You can chose new weapons only, vanilla replacers, updated uniques only, replacers for AWOP M weapons. Player home and cosmetic updates are optional. Works fine with PNV and other major mods, WMK but not WMX.

well i was gonna grab Book of Earache but it requires CaliberX, which itself requires work done in GECK. i used GECK some in FO3 and hated it. i was wanting to avoid it this time. don't even have it downloaded. i see some instruction on the mod pages but is there a STEP BY STEP tutorial for getting xcaliber running? i mean like "open GECK" "hit top right tab" blah blah.

EDIT: thanks blove. Gah! i musta read it wrong and misunderstood.

Edited by Mookeylama