What you think About Italy in this moment?

krekiller

I can't say that it particularly bothers me. Some things I don't like, but honestly if a sex scandal is all a President ever got into, I'd be a much happier man.

Can't say that I disagree with you on that one, RZ1029, within reason. But that is a topic for another thread.

I can't say that it particularly bothers me. Some things I don't like, but honestly if a sex scandal is all a President ever got into, I'd be a much happier man.

Can't say that I disagree with you on that one, RZ1029, within reason. But that is a topic for another thread.

The difference is that this sex scandal involves multiple under-age prostitutes at Berlusconi's villa for ongoing sex parties, under-age prostitutes that come from organizations that (as far as I remember hearing) have connections with the mafia.

Then again, connections with the mafia are the things that have haunted Berlusconi for the last 40 years.

Having lived 30 years in the US and 10 in Italy, let me tell you, there's no comparison between what they get away with in the US and in Italy. There's no end to it here and I'll leave it at that because I don't want to get started.

Oh, well, one last thing. Now that he's on trial, again, they're using their usual tactic to pass new laws that will make legal what was illegal when he got busted...just digest that for a while. Retroactive legality of once-illegal actions.

The difference is that this sex scandal involves multiple under-age prostitutes at Berlusconi's villa for ongoing sex parties, under-age prostitutes that come from organizations that (as far as I remember hearing) have connections with the mafia.

Then again, connections with the mafia are the things that have haunted Berlusconi for the last 40 years.

Having lived 30 years in the US and 10 in Italy, let me tell you, there's no comparison between what they get away with in the US and in Italy. There's no end to it here and I'll leave it at that because I don't want to get started.

Oh, well, one last thing. Now that he's on trial, again, they're using their usual tactic to pass new laws that will make legal what was illegal when he got busted...just digest that for a while. Retroactive legality of once-illegal actions.

Sounds familiar, like phone tapping for example....

Sorry, don't want to get off topic here, I am quite interested if anyone in the US knows much of anything that goes on in Italy (once living abroad, I saw what an island-nation the US is, kind of like...Atlantis, maybe), but what phone tapping? They made information they gathered illegally in the past, legal?

Sorry, don't want to get off topic here, I am quite interested if anyone in the US knows much of anything that goes on in Italy (once living abroad, I saw what an island-nation the US is, kind of like...Atlantis, maybe), but what phone tapping? They made information they gathered illegally in the past, legal?

No it was my fault. Sorry to be a bit confusing Wizard. And I don't want to get off topic either. I was being a little tongue in cheek and was referring to the U.S. legalizing wire tapping for "certain" security reasons, after they had been allegedly doing it for years.

No it was my fault. Sorry to be a bit confusing Wizard. And I don't want to get off topic either. I was being a little tongue in cheek and was referring to the U.S. legalizing wire tapping for "certain" security reasons, after they had been allegedly doing it for years.

Ah, I get it. http://www.thenexusforums.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/thumbsup.gif

Well on the news of today, Mr. B. legalized a law to make Mills process shorter in order to avoid being processed, and on this case we are talking about corruption. Well in about 10 years that he ruled in Italy he just made "ad personam" laws, this is quite a shame, but the people are hypnotized from his speech and the majority of Italians still vote him. He can't be invited in Talk Shows (very popular in Italy) because he doesn't let other talk. I think that the population of other countries wouldn't vote Mr. Berlusconi. But since he has the 32 % of the votes and his ally (the "Lega Nord" a separatist group of north Italy) had the 11%. He will stay in charge. In the Libya war there was a meeting deciding what would happen to Libya after the war and how would the war go on, at this meeting Nicolas Sarcozy, Angela Merkell and Cameron were invited, Berlusconi wasn't invited, and this is a problem, why wasn't Italy, the nearest country to Libya, the country hosting all the operations, and the country that has best business with Libya. Is Berlusconi's behavior involved ? What do people from other countries think about Italy in this case?

This is the question, I wanted to know your opinion, because a president that is involved in almost 23 crimes, isn't normal. I wanted to know how is this situation seen abroad.

Getting caught isn't normal. :thumbsup: