What you think About Italy in this moment?

krekiller

Well on the news of today, Mr. B. legalized a law to make Mills process shorter in order to avoid being processed, and on this case we are talking about corruption. Well in about 10 years that he ruled in Italy he just made "ad personam" laws, this is quite a shame, but the people are hypnotized from his speech and the majority of Italians still vote him. He can't be invited in Talk Shows (very popular in Italy) because he doesn't let other talk. I think that the population of other countries wouldn't vote Mr. Berlusconi. But since he has the 32 % of the votes and his ally (the "Lega Nord" a separatist group of north Italy) had the 11%. He will stay in charge. In the Libya war there was a meeting deciding what would happen to Libya after the war and how would the war go on, at this meeting Nicolas Sarcozy, Angela Merkell and Cameron were invited, Berlusconi wasn't invited, and this is a problem, why wasn't Italy, the nearest country to Libya, the country hosting all the operations, and the country that has best business with Libya. Is Berlusconi's behavior involved ? What do people from other countries think about Italy in this case?

You seem to have a legitimate interest in what people from other countries think about this, and I will try with my very limited knowledge to respond with my personal opinion only. As I have said before, I know very little about this case. But based on what you have said above, it sounds to me as if Mr. Berlusconi's alleged behaviour is having a seriously detrimental effect on your nation as a whole. It would seem that Italy might have been invited if he were taken more seriously, but the country may be suffering due to his deleterious behaviour. Again this is only my opinion based on what you have said.

I've done some research, since there is some serious issue in this topic and I'm woefully ignorant of the politics on the other side of the pond, for the most part.

Coupled with the information I've been given here, in addition to what I've learned, suddenly this guy moved from the 'inappropriate' category to the 'how is he still in office' category. He's crossed a few lines too many times to have won my vote, were I Italian. In addition, some of his politics are... interesting, to say the least, but that is coming purely from an American point of view, I'm not entirely sure how Italians might view his relations with Russia, Qaddafi, and Lukashenko. Coupled with the allegations of mob involvement... a curious gentleman, that seems to fill the American idea of The Godfather.

• 2 weeks later...

Bunga-bunga :wub: ... Berlusconi for president of EU XD

Worst case scenario, eh? It is possible that the Italian soul simply needs high quality corruption to feel comfortable, yet the adulterated lambrusco politics of pseudo-Mussolini has absolutely no impact to the other Europeans. Gosh, this ego-populist is a political joke of its best. Forza Italia, wherever.

Giro giro tondo

casca il mondo,

casca la terra,

tutti giù per terra.

Edited by DeTomaso