What is 'Companion Friendly'?

spiritshadowx

Two things that make a house companion friendly are proper path griding in the Construction Set (so they can move around without trying to walk through things) and beds and chairs marked with the 'persistent reference' flag set on in the Reference dialog of the CS (so that NPCs can use a chair or bed).

Two things that make a house companion friendly are proper path griding in the Construction Set (so they can move around without trying to walk through things) and beds and chairs marked with the 'persistent reference' flag set on in the Reference dialog of the CS (so that NPCs can use a chair or bed).

Thank you Striker, i didn't know that and i have left that out of my mod. I will go ahead and make mine companion friendly tomorrow.

One more, how do you set path gridding?

Two ways you can do it. With your house open in the Render window either click the little tool bar icon that has the orange dots with the yellow lines connecting or go to menu World --> Edit Cell Path Grid. Each triggers the path grid display in the Render window and acts as a toggle. You'll need to toggle off if you decide to move something to simplify your path grid. Here's a CS Wiki simplified tutorial on path griding.

Edit: What a team ... thanks BiskmatarCatlyst, now we've got it well covered! :thumbsup:

Edited by Striker879

Don't forget to maximize your skill bonuses before you level up. Sometimes it's good to not sleep. :biggrin: Edited by Striker879