Help! The Thalmor are CRASHING my game!?!?

AtomForce

Hey everyone. I'm not sure why, but the with main questline, and almost anything to do with the thalmor are killing my game. First it was when I had to go undercover at the embassy, CTD like you wouldn't believe. Finally fixed by clipping through walls to kill thalmor and didn't stop til they were all dead. Couldn't just sneak past them.

Once again Ive hit this problem, this time in the rataway vaults whilst looking for Esbern. I'm wearing armor that when crouching makes me invisible, though not sure if that's whats causing the issue or not.

Each time I attack a thalmor down there, CTD every time. I'm extremely frustrated now, and really hoping one of you might be able to help.

Here's my load order - "" means same as above:

Skyrim esm
Update esm
Dragonborn esm
Hearthfires esm
Dawnguard esm
UESPatch esp
Apachiihair esm
JSwords esm
CoT
FNIS esp
CoT Dawnguard Patch
CoT Dragonborn Patch
Crafting Chests
TheEyesofBeauty
BlackSacrementArmor
""DBReplacer
Ritual Armor of Boethia
Daedric Mask
stoneoflearning
Darkend
LrsamwaysWeaponry
Cloaks
Revenant Necro Robes
KS Hairdos
SKYUI
Alternate Start
ScopedBows
Less Intrusive HUD
Beautiful Whiterun
REalistic Whiterun
DYNAVISION
Imaginator
Better Vamps
Race Menu
"" plugin
Hearthfire Chests
InigoPerkPointGiver
pick100
NetherMage
Expert Level Flames, Sparks spell

Do you have any mesh replacers for Thalmor apparel? Do any mods alter the Thalmor and any of their inventory accoutrements?

If you want to solve this, you'll need to do some diagnostics of your own. I recommend going through your meshes folder (specifically the armor or clothes) to see if there are any replacers, and also to go through all your modules with TES5Edit for anything Thalmor to see if stuff's not playing nice.

Your load order is unique to you. No one else has direct access to it to make a conclusive diagnosis.

Not to my knowledge, the only thing that is added to the Thalmor are cloaks, some thalmor will have a unique thalmor cloak with the cloak mod. But it doesn't change any standard files.
I've never used TES5Edit, I'll look up some tutorials on that.

I also just relaoded the game and "COC"ed out just to see if there were any conflicts anywhere else. Played for about 20 minutes before searching a dead bandit and CTD again. I guess it may not be Thalmor specific.

Also, I'm using HiAlgoBoost, not sure if that has anything to do with it.

Thanks for the speedy reply, I'll check out TES5edit

:)

Do you have any mesh replacers for Thalmor apparel? Do any mods alter the Thalmor and any of their inventory accoutrements?

If you want to solve this, you'll need to do some diagnostics of your own. I recommend going through your meshes folder (specifically the armor or clothes) to see if there are any replacers, and also to go through all your modules with TES5Edit for anything Thalmor to see if stuff's not playing nice.

Your load order is unique to you. No one else has direct access to it to make a conclusive diagnosis.

Used TES5Edit, couldn't locate any conflicts save for the ones that were in red and were supposed to overwrite others such as the dark brotherhood armors. Nothing critical. I finally gave up and used SETSTAGE MQ203 5 to advance forward and now there's no crashing.

Oddly enough, EVERY time I've played Skyrim including on PC and 360, I always run into glitches with either Esbern or the main quest line looking for that guy.

Thanks for pointing out TES5Edit to me, it will definitely come to good use in the future!