Divinity II The Dragon Knight Saga

ginnyfizz

Hey people, I got this game from Steam a while back and am quite getting into it. It looks nice, plays nice and is great fun. One thing I cannot work out though is;-

How do you assign items or skills to the hotkeys? Four skills have appeared in my hotkey bar automatically, but I don't seem to be able to assign any more. There are 8 hotkeys, are four of them for items? If there is anyone else playing this much underrated game, I would appreciate your advice.

Ooh..shiny! (yes jim_uk, she really does say that a lot....)

Just looked and remembered how to hotkey them. Press K to bring up the skills, click on the empty hotkey button at the bottom, that will being up a menu and from that select what you want to add to that hotkey. You can add items or skills. As for Lovis if I remember correctly there is a lift to get to the room where he is, it's not far from that room with the talking skeleton in it.

Thanks I'll try that with the hotkeys.

But as for Lovis, I simply cannot get into the tower at all. My mage is just stood outside the tower looking at a door/gate that cannot be opened by lockpicking. I have not got in any rooms of the tower yet. :(

Thanks I'll try that with the hotkeys.

But as for Lovis, I simply cannot get into the tower at all. My mage is just stood outside the tower looking at a door/gate that cannot be opened by lockpicking. I have not got in any rooms of the tower yet. :(

Have a look for levers, they open the gates. I usually go up that ladder and along that broken raised walkway, I don't use the main entrance.

Ahaaar, Jim lad! I wondered about that. I am quite getting into this game, as you said, hugely underrated. I need to go and blast some baddies ATM due to my new video card debacle (new card not working, system builder can no more make it work than I can...)making me stressed.

I am afraid not. I tried it once, wot no pics, RMA'd it to Overclockers. Who tested it, said it worked, sent it back and charged me the postage and a testing fee, and suggested my other hardware might be at fault. So I knocked out the expansion slot covers on the back of my case and tried it again in different slots all with the same result. My system builder guy came over and he got same results as me. There was power to the card because the fan was spinning, but no pics no matter whether we tried new cables on everything. Put the old card back in and ooh shiny.... pictures. Al the system builder gave the other hardware a going over and there is NOTHING wrong. A Zalman 1000W HP PSU like mine is could prolly power three or four cards (it is a very efficient beast.) So this time, I have insisted on a refund.

Looks like I am going to have to build a new rig by buying a part each payday - going to need new MOBO, CPU and GPU (s). PSU, HDD should be OK, may get another optical drive as well, maybe a second HDD.

A freind of mine bought a pre built system from Overclockers and it looked like someone had taken a hammer to the insides when it arrived, she returned it and a week later they sent it back to her in exactly the same condition. In the end she had to get her money back through Visa, they were very good at one time but after seeing what she went through I won't be using them again.