Need help with custom weapon

daverboon

Hello, I've run into a problem with my mod. I made a custom shotgun based off the riot shotgun and and altered some options to make it operate as closely as I could to the AA-12 combat shotgun seen on future weapons. Everything was pretty straight forward except for the firing animation which I had to set to loop. The AA12 fires 300 rounds a minute full auto, to get the animation to look right it had to be set to loop. That's all fine and works and looks great but to have an accurate representation of the real gun it has to fire high explosive rounds as well. This is where my mod fails. I made a new ammo list to maximize compatibility and added in the standard 12 ga ammo types plus the 40mm grenade types. When I load it up the gun starts with the 40mm loaded and has no problem delivering the ammo but whenever I switch back to the 12ga ammo the game crashes as soon as I try to fire. I believe the game is capable of doing this and it's just my huge amount of inexperience which is the problem.

So any help here would be awesome

Not sure but maybe the game doesn't like firing different rounds with that animation. Perhaps the new loop animation isn't compatible with the 12ga ammo. Just a guess.

Not sure but maybe the game doesn't like firing different rounds with that animation. Perhaps the new loop animation isn't compatible with the 12ga ammo. Just a guess.

Thanx, I only used the loop because nothing else I tried looked right. For automatic fire, all of the animation choices I've tried just look slow. Well thanx for the reply.