Chinese scientists turn mice 'gay'.

Halororor

lol i totally agree... i seriously didnt even know that was possible. Animals only have sex for reproduction purposes, not pleasure. Only humans have sexual intercourse for pleasure, so something other than human being gay??????

Yes, but you have to remember, as Myrmaad pointed out, this research is fragile and inaccurate at best. It doesn't acually prove much, seeing as it only discovered that a lack of serotonin makes mice mount same sex partners. It doesn't actually mean the mice are gay, merely that tampering with their serotonin levels might confuse them. We do not know exactly WHY the differing levels of serotonin changes sexual 'preference' for the mice. If they can discover what the effect of the serotonin on the brain is and why it causes them to mount other males, then we're making headway. As far as I can see, this research has turned the process around, instead of discovering why, they first discovered what happens, now they have to go back and discover why it happens in that manner.

If you want to get into something really interesting, brain research is cutting edge right now. Since about 2004 or so, when a small group of scientists started using MRI to "look at" the brain, either while experiencing direct stimuli, or comparing healthy brain tissue to diseased, brain science has really taken off, and it's fascinating stuff. We do know, for example,

Serotonin is one chemical that has received a great deal of attention for its contribution to mood. It's a neurotransmitter (a chemical involved in the transmission of nerve impulses between nerve cells) that's formed in the brain and primarily found in three parts of the body — the brain, the lining of the digestive tract, and in blood platelets. In the brain, serotonin's main effects include improving mood and giving you that "satisfied" feeling from food. It's also thought to help promote sleep and relaxation.

and that concentrated amounts of seratonin are found in many venoms.

http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/535741/serotonin

Bam, I'm back.

This coming from China.. I'm a bit worried. There are a lot of campaigns for people to have only 1 kid, etc.. anything to control the population basically.

If something like this is going to be used on humans, it will be a big pain in the ass. ;D (pun)

Hmmm Gay war fare lol.???????????

Weapon used a omelet canon.

Scary stuffhttp://www.thenexusforums.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/blink.gif

Edited by Thor.