BETTER ARENA PAY

Akkikiri

So long story short, the paychecks you get in the Arena are crap. I want to make a mod where I can alter how much gold you get for each fight, but I can't find where to begin in the Construction Set. :verymad: I don't know the right script, if I should alter the quest itself, I just don't know anything about where to modify my Arena pay. S.O.S.! :wallbash: Any insight at all would be greatly appreciated. My characters should not be risking their necks day in and day out for a pathetic 200 gold, or less, per fight! :sleep:

They actually do have levelled lists for the Arena pay... but they don't use them lol.

Also the Arena pay is basically giving you an entire day's wages (in Cyrodiil terms and currency) for one fight.

If you think about it 50 gold (pit dog wage) gives you a 10-20 gold bed for the night at an inn, plenty of food, and money to spare/save/spend.

I was able to outfit a level 1 character in a complete Fine Steel armor set just by doing about half of the Arena quests.

Edited by jamochawoke

They actually do have levelled lists for the Arena pay... but they don't use them lol.

Also the Arena pay is basically giving you an entire day's wages (in Cyrodiil terms and currency) for one fight.

If you think about it 50 gold (pit dog wage) gives you a 10-20 gold bed for the night at an inn, plenty of food, and money to spare/save/spend.

I was able to outfit a level 1 character in a complete Fine Steel armor set just by doing about half of the Arena quests.

True, but what about horses, houses, general armament, etc? :laugh: I just feel that risking one's neck for 50 gold....while the cheapest house available costs 2000....is a bit of an underpayment, don't you think? :wink: Anyway, I just wanted the quest to include pay and fame worthy of a competitor in the famous "Imperial City Arena". :biggrin:

Economics in Oblivion are pretty lame. One or two pieces of gold for a loaf of bread? In Tamriel, gold is so plentiful that it is practically worthless. Silver is so plentiful that they make weapons out of it. I have wondered how a character would carry 200,000 gold pieces. That would be so heavy you would not be able move. And in vanilla Oblivion, there is no way to set any of it down like there is in Morrowind. I think that the value of gold pieces is sort of like the value of copper coins in history or other games. So if you earn 50 gold in the arena, it is sort of like earning 50 coppers.