Missing Water

Okay so I just started playing oblivion again. Got a new computer to play it on, my system specs are as follows:

CPU: AMD 1100t 3.33ghz

MoBo: Asrock 890fx Deluxe4

GPU: XFX HD 5830 1gb DDR5 (11.3 Catalyst drivers)

RAM: 8gb Gskill Ripjaws 1866

Hardware wise I have no problem with the game. It dances circles around oblivion. Even fully modded, full settings. etc etc. So far however I've encountered a really annoying bug/glitch where water is not appearing properly. I remember this having something to do with OBGE? But I can't remember how to fix it. The screen shot below will explain what I mean.

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m250/MysticCleric/ScreenShot1.jpg

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m250/MysticCleric/ScreenShot0.jpg

Does anyone know how or what I need to do to fix this annoying eye sore? And I can post my load order if needed too. I've used OMOD's and BOSS to sort everything. Short summary, I'm using realistic water, Better Open Cities, Unique Landscapes, I have most of the dlc's. Robert's Body replacers, and a few smaller insignificant mods. Anyway I'd appreciate any help.

Have you tried disabling realistic water? or obge?

Yes I've tried doing both. It doesn't seem to have any effect either way. I just reinstalled the game and got everything put in too. I had this problem a long time ago on my old computer, and remember it having something to do with one of the shaders obge uses/conflicts with. The fact it has happened again in the same manner... is irritating. Someone showed me how to fix it but I can't remember what that was. >.<

and this is what happens when I get in water I can see......

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m250/MysticCleric/ScreenShot0-1.jpg

And just to update this, it is a shader issue, I've worked it down to that specifically with a lot of trial and error.

Edit : Isn't a shader issue. It is an INI issue. POSSIBLY caused by OMOD.

Edited by Guest

I have seen the same behavior on my old system as you are getting in your last picture, and I wasn't using OBGE at the time........ nor was I using 3.0 shaders...... it's been a while though, and for the life of me, I simply cannot remember what the fix was.

There are a fair number of water related settings in the oblivion.ini, might want to look at some, and see if the setting seem odd...... Not sure what standard is there, or even if there IS a standard. There is one that is radius related though......

Wish I could help ya more.

I have seen the same behavior on my old system as you are getting in your last picture, and I wasn't using OBGE at the time........ nor was I using 3.0 shaders...... it's been a while though, and for the life of me, I simply cannot remember what the fix was.

There are a fair number of water related settings in the oblivion.ini, might want to look at some, and see if the setting seem odd...... Not sure what standard is there, or even if there IS a standard. There is one that is radius related though......

Wish I could help ya more.

Yeah, I've looked over the ini. all of the standard water settings are at the games defualt. I've tweaked all of them to no avail. I might have to reinstall the game again, and figure out what mod is causing it to do this. -.-;

I am not really sure if it even IS a mod..... I experienced the problem, and wasn't using ANY texture packs at all.

Well I found out one setting : uNumDepthGrids=1 causes the dissapearing problem. It was set to three, instead of 1. Which I think spaces out the distance the water tiles load. I didn't change that myself. Setting it back to 1 fixed it. However that other problem persists still. The water transparency isn't consistent when standing in or next to a water source... I'll see if I can't figure out whats causing that as well.

I am not really sure if it even IS a mod..... I experienced the problem, and wasn't using ANY texture packs at all.

Well I found out one setting : uNumDepthGrids=1 causes the dissapearing problem. It was set to three, instead of 1. Which I think spaces out the distance the water tiles load. I didn't change that myself. Setting it back to 1 fixed it. However that other problem persists still. The water transparency isn't consistent when standing in or next to a water source... I'll see if I can't figure out whats causing that as well.

Cool! One down, one to go...... This is information that should be archived somewhere........ :D