"The Elder Scrolls V: The Covenant of Meridia" Mod Idea

Deleted31449895User

You say the necromancer believe the undead should not have free will yet most necromancers strive to become undead themselves...ever heard of a lich? many would seek to be vampire lord's as well but most people are not even aware of the existence of a higher form of vampire as they are extremely rare.

Also you say this "Ivory" is only natural to the coloured rooms and you can only buy it but not mine it?.....I don't think you know what Ivory is, You could get Ivory by killing a Mammoth.

That is what ECLIPSE believes. Eclipse isn't every necromancer, it is just one of many cults. Just as not every necromancer is a part of The Order Of The Black Worm.

Also, remember, this is "Ivori" not "Ivory". Ivori is a pale white ore, Ivory is the stuff made from tusks. I thought I clarified the difference (though, there is nothing in game that calls mammoth tusks "ivory").

Edited by Guest

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The subject on Meridia claiming souls is obscure. But isn't the purpose of this mod idea is so that the player can commit as a worshiper of Meridia? Why then would she let another Prince lay claim on the soul of her favored one? And like I said, I believe that she upholds the natural flow of life, perhaps as respect to the original designs of Magnus, so I heard, and would rather the body be purged than the soul be brought to the realm of a potential rival. I see no need for Meridia and Hircine to have an alliance. The Daedric Princes as far as I know are prideful and will not seek the aid from one another especially when they believe they have it in their power to do the task themselves.

You may as well try to come up with a different idea. But before we get deeply trapped into the lore, if you're really intent on seeing this mod come to life, may I ask if there has been any progress besides planning to this idea?

The subject on Meridia claiming souls is obscure. But isn't the purpose of this mod idea is so that the player can commit as a worshiper of Meridia? Why then would she let another Prince lay claim on the soul of her favored one? And like I said, I believe that she upholds the natural flow of life, perhaps as respect to the original designs of Magnus, so I heard, and would rather the body be purged than the soul be brought to the realm of a potential rival. I see no need for Meridia and Hircine to have an alliance. The Daedric Princes as far as I know are prideful and will not seek the aid from one another especially when they believe they have it in their power to do the task themselves.

You may as well try to come up with a different idea. But before we get deeply trapped into the lore, if you're really intent on seeing this mod come to life, may I ask if there has been any progress besides planning to this idea?

I could simply not include that feature in the mod if enough people feel it breaks lore. Though, the player could also simply be serving Meridia simply because they have the same goals: purging the undead, and not be an actual worshiper of her. Anyway, I see no reason to get rid of an otherwise good idea based on a few minor lore breaks that could be rectified.

Since this idea was posted pretty recently, not much progress COULD be made, even if I did have the right rig.

I also have a much smaller idea that forgoes the main quest and just adds the new features and some new side quests and radiant quests, and the town of Fohelm as well as the renovated Kilkreath Ruins.

Edited by Guest

These types of big collaboration mods that want to do 5 things at once never get done, EVER. People working as a team to bring somebody's idea to life that doesn't know how to mod himself has never worked out in the past. there is no use in arguing over lore or ideas when nobody is going to make this mod. its a good idea, but if this had any chance of being made, it would have needed to be suggested 3 years ago when the Skyrim Nexus was full of modders. Anyone left is making small simple mods or working on their own ideas.

Hey, sorry if I offended you. :) I'm just keeping the lore-banner up here.

I fully support a renovated Kilkreath Ruins, as was the purpose of the other thread. Still hoping here that someone would pick up the idea.

These types of big collaboration mods that want to do 5 things at once never get done, EVER. People working as a team to bring somebody's idea to life that doesn't know how to mod himself has never worked out in the past. there is no use in arguing over lore or ideas when nobody is going to make this mod. its a good idea, but if this had any chance of being made, it would have needed to be suggested 3 years ago when the Skyrim Nexus was full of modders. Anyone left is making small simple mods or working on their own ideas.

Oh I know. i just...had an idea and wanted to share it. I have no problem making it myself when I have the know how, but that could take a very long time, with one person it could be until (if I started it in late 2016) 2022 instead of 2018 with more than one person. Also, I am not a "he", just to clarify.

Anyway, its kind of depressing, having an idea you wish to see made but knowing you are late to the party and by the time it actually gets done TESVI would be out.

BTW, my idea isnt BAD is it?

Edited by Guest

no its a great idea, Meridia is my favorite and I like playing paladin types, I hope someone makes it. but you are new to the Nexus and I don't want you to be too let down if nobody picks it up, just letting you know ahead of time. I had a great idea that someone said they would make, they were halfway finished and stopped working on it. it was pretty sad.

Edited by Hexxagone

no its a great idea, Meridia is my favorite and I playing paladin types, I hope someone makes it. but you are new to the Nexus and I don't want you to be too let down if nobody picks it up, just letting you know ahead of time. I had a great idea that someone said they would make, they were halfway finished and stopped working on it. it was pretty sad.

Oh, I am fully aware (i read the pinned post about mods rarely being taken up). To be honest, I just wanted to share this idea.

I also have smaller mod ideas, including "Oblivion Rune" which is the Conjuration class of the Non-Destruction Runes introduced in Dragonborn along with the Frenzy Rune (Illusion), The Ash Rune (Alteration), and the Poison Rune (Restoration....for some reason as its the only Restoration spell that harms the living and not the undead, as the undead are immune to poison). The Oblivion Rune would summon a Dremora when/ if it is "tripped".

Another is the enchantment "Rust" which causes you to do extra damage to Dwarven Machines.

Edited by Guest

It was a Witcher faction in Falkreath that specialized in monster hunting. Silver swords and Steel swords that did extra damage to the living. Using Witcher 2 assets from the Nexus. I had a few things started and the guy I was working with lost interest and stopped working on it.