[WIP] Mator Smash - The Conflict Resolution Revolution

matortheeternal

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, Thank you.

I'm trying to get WAFR keywords to smash, but couldn't find a keyword bash tag.

I tried loading up smash settings and see a place to add KEYM-key/KWDA-Keyword but I don't want to carry every mods keywords, just WAFR.

In full screen mode the tooltip for the + and the hammer are clipped by the left part of the screen.

One thing that always seems to require a compatibility patch is FORMID list/Headpartsallracesbeast and FORMID list/haircolorlist

trying to make something work now.

edit - tried a smash all and of course that merged a lot of things that shouldn't be merged, but I was trying for a proof of concept to see if the things I wanted to merge would, and they did. So now to go through and edit out the parts smash of 4 diferent npc mods that edited the same character, and smashed all the head parts together...

Keywords: Open the manage smash settings screen, create a new setting, call it whatever you want (Bash:Keywords or whatever). In the setting add the record prototypes corresponding to the records whose keywords you want to forward (WEAP and ARMO I'm pretty sure). Expand their nodes in the tree and select the KWDA - Keywords element. Click save (give it a color and description if you want). Right click on the WAFR plugin(s) in Smash's Plugins tab and choose "Set Smash Setting" -> "Bash:Keywords". Make sure WAFR is included in the smashed patch you have on the Patches tab and click the hammer.

Mator Smash doesn't have a "fullscreen mode", so I don't know what you're talking about on that bit.

Doing smash all and editing things is an OK way to go, but for curiosity can you explain some of the things it carries forward that you don't like? I may be able to help you tweak smash settings to exclude those things so you don't have to do as much manual editing.

great tool when used with TES5 auto detect bash settings.

you aren't using smash to its potential if you're using that. :P

You're probably right, but I'm more about convenience. Seems to work great.

you did see my bug report? If you try to delete a smashed patch from this program when one of its masters are missing it quasi-freezes.

Edited by irswat

You're probably right, but I'm more about convenience. Seems to work great.

you did see my bug report? If you try to delete a smashed patch from this program when one of its masters are missing it quasi-freezes.

yeah, I've been aware of the issue for awhile. just haven't had the time.

Keywords: Open the manage smash settings screen, create a new setting, call it whatever you want (Bash:Keywords or whatever). In the setting add the record prototypes corresponding to the records whose keywords you want to forward (WEAP and ARMO I'm pretty sure). Expand their nodes in the tree and select the KWDA - Keywords element. Click save (give it a color and description if you want). Right click on the WAFR plugin(s) in Smash's Plugins tab and choose "Set Smash Setting" -> "Bash:Keywords". Make sure WAFR is included in the smashed patch you have on the Patches tab and click the hammer.

Mator Smash doesn't have a "fullscreen mode", so I don't know what you're talking about on that bit.

Doing smash all and editing things is an OK way to go, but for curiosity can you explain some of the things it carries forward that you don't like? I may be able to help you tweak smash settings to exclude those things so you don't have to do as much manual editing.

great tool when used with TES5 auto detect bash settings.

you aren't using smash to its potential if you're using that. :tongue:

Hello,

Just a quick bug notification. The logo popup has some artifacts.

http://i.imgur.com/L3ZTUk5.jpg

Clipping tooltips with window maximized. + tooltip clipped.

http://i.imgur.com/9sQNuX7.jpg

Hammer tooltip clipped

http://i.imgur.com/BYueeCu.jpg

Smash also has the same bug that if I delete a patch, I can't make a new one with the name name. Say a plugin is missing but no longer available on nexus. I can't delete the old smash patch and make new smash patch. It has to be smashb patch or something. At least merge plugins allows me to retroactively remove a plugin from a patch now.

--

I'm sure a lot of my problems right now are user errors related to program familiarization. I just did a bash all using the supplied bash all instead of building a bash all, and the NPC headparts didn't all get smashed together so that is good. WAF and USLEEP fixes aren't being carried forward though.

And I just had the brainstorm that i didn't have to have the same smash setting for all plugins in the smash. This was of course mentioned somewhere, but it didn't register till a few minutes ago. I was still thinking in two modes. Bash mode, or smash mod. But then I realize that the patch itself is the mode and I didn't have to use the same smash setting for the smash patch...

sigh, maybe setting the mods individually instead of using smash.all will work out better.

I did clone the bash.all and added FLST - FormIDs. Since NPC mods often add hair modify the head parts list.

I'm still experimenting with the bash.all, but i'll probably set specific plugin settings soon.

Hello,

Just a quick bug notification. The logo popup has some artifacts.

http://i.imgur.com/L3ZTUk5.jpg

You have Aero disabled, or your system is otherwise wonked. This is not my code, it's the OS. A recompile with a more recent version of BDE may resolve the issue for your system but I don't have the time to do that right now.

Clipping tooltips with window maximized. + tooltip clipped.

http://i.imgur.com/9sQNuX7.jpg

So don't use the window maximized. This is an issue with the TBalloonHint component, not my fault. It looks like using the Jedi Visual Component Library TBalloonHint might resolve the issue.

Hammer tooltip clipped

What resolution are you running at? From the looks of this screenshot you must be running at 1280x720. Get a bigger monitor.

Smash also has the same bug that if I delete a patch, I can't make a new one with the name name. Say a plugin is missing but no longer available on nexus. I can't delete the old smash patch and make new smash patch. It has to be smashb patch or something. At least merge plugins allows me to retroactively remove a plugin from a patch now.

That will only happen if you loaded the patch plugin into smash prior to deleting the "Patch" entry. There isn't a way to unload a plugin, so this is just a limitation you have to deal with. If you want you can, instead of deleting a patch, simply remove plugins from it and add different plugins to it. Smash currently cannot properly handle patches with plugins missing quite properly, this is an alpha after all.

So don't use the window maximized. This is an issue with the TBalloonHint component, not my fault. It looks like using the Jedi Visual Component Library TBalloonHint might resolve the issue.

Hammer tooltip clipped

What resolution are you running at? From the looks of this screenshot you must be running at 1280x720. Get a bigger monitor.

That will only happen if you loaded the patch plugin into smash prior to deleting the "Patch" entry. There isn't a way to unload a plugin, so this is just a limitation you have to deal with. If you want you can, instead of deleting a patch, simply remove plugins from it and add different plugins to it. Smash currently cannot properly handle patches with plugins missing quite properly, this is an alpha after all.

Well, I wasn't making accusations about who's fault it was, I was just informing you so you would know. This is an alpha so I expect bugs. But likewise, as a user of an alpha, I'm supposed to report bugs right? I can tell you are using the Merge Plugin's interface as a source, so it is possible the same problem exists there.

I'm running at 1920x1080. My text size is 150%

As said, the whole reason I deleted the patch was because I couldn't remove a plugin. So the suggestion to remove plugins and add different plugins doesn't work, as the patch won't build. The merge plugins source has a function in "resolve problems" to remove a plugin that is not loaded, you can probably borrow that function.