No attributes? Am I the only one Worried?

BladeValant546

I don't mind the removal of athletics and acrobatics due to the way they were levelled, since it encouraged weird situations like jumping everywhere you went. What I do mind is condensing 8 attributes into 3 IF there's no way to get the same level of customization elsewhere. Todd always uses the example of intelligence = magicka. Well that's great, but how do I differentiate between increasing my magicka pool vs increasing my regeneration? How do I speed up my rate of attack vs increasing the damage of each hit? How do I run faster or jump higher?

It CAN all be done by perks, but my guess is it won't. And even if it is, it's much less clean than keeping attributes. I wouldn't mind if attributes were hidden, and levelled behind the scenes through skill use, with no direct user contact at all. But perks are too blunt an instrument for such fine degrees of customization.

Well people why is it so wrong that you be a ninja and jump from roof tops to roof tops. What if they add freerunning like Assassin creed style with ability to use this ability to gain entrance to houses. Why is everything have to be realistic, reality states that my bones and muscle can do so much. I want to be able jump around like a lemur monkey, or alteast have the choice lol. I mean I can live with the attributes removed

(sort of still bothers me lol), but with out agility it seems like a grounded game were your choice is more nailed to the ground. Okay, puns aside I still think this will be unpopular thing and it will show but that is my opinion only and that is with out playing it.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't mind the removal of athletics and acrobatics due to the way they were levelled, since it encouraged weird situations like jumping everywhere you went. What I do mind is condensing 8 attributes into 3 IF there's no way to get the same level of customization elsewhere. Todd always uses the example of intelligence = magicka. Well that's great, but how do I differentiate between increasing my magicka pool vs increasing my regeneration? How do I speed up my rate of attack vs increasing the damage of each hit? How do I run faster or jump higher?

It CAN all be done by perks, but my guess is it won't. And even if it is, it's much less clean than keeping attributes. I wouldn't mind if attributes were hidden, and levelled behind the scenes through skill use, with no direct user contact at all. But perks are too blunt an instrument for such fine degrees of customization.

Well people why is it so wrong that you be a ninja and jump from roof tops to roof tops. What if they add freerunning like Assassin creed style with ability to use this ability to gain entrance to houses. Why is everything have to be realistic, reality states that my bones and muscle can do so much. I want to be able jump around like a lemur monkey, or alteast have the choice lol. I mean I can live with the attributes removed

(sort of still bothers me lol), but with out agility it seems like a grounded game were your choice is more nailed to the ground. Okay, puns aside I still think this will be unpopular thing and it will show but that is my opinion only and that is with out playing it.

because Assassin's creed was built around freerunning and climbing anywhere and in oblivion and especially morrowind acrobatics was a skill used for one thing and one thing only..... to cheat. having Athletics and acrobatics at 100 or above made you untouchable in both games.

because Assassin's creed was built around freerunning and climbing anywhere and in oblivion and especially morrowind acrobatics was a skill used for one thing and one thing only..... to cheat. having Athletics and acrobatics at 100 or above made you untouchable in both games.

Again, instead of scrapping it, make it work better, and btw what about magic and other things I could use aka 100% chameleon. I think it you fix things there is still no justification to scrapping it. Innovate and add those elements and thus you create a better game. Sadly, be years before we see pushing limits of customization. I know there was a problem, but it was not a game breaking issue that could not be fixed.

Well if they had a platforming system in, then by all means acrobatics should be included. However they don't, so from my perspective it's reasonable to remove a mechanic that encourages you to jump everywhere you go instead of walking.

And btw acrobatics wasn't only used to cheat. It was used to get to places that you otherwise couldn't (thief). Its proper place, imo, is as a platforming skill, ranging from the basics of climbing and hanging, to advanced maneuvers like swinging from pole to pole, wall jumping, and wall running. Considering Skyrim has zero platforming elements, acrobatics doesn't make much sense.

Maybe one day....

Blade, who the f*** said everything about it was being removed from the game?

We read your post to address page 9, you clearly said (summary): "It worries me people have the flight rather than fight mentality." Which you clearly disregarded by pointing fingers while shunning others for doing exactly what you were doing.

Come back when you can think out what you're saying.. You have a -lot- of time to get back to someone on a forum.

Don't get me wrong, it's obvious you don't like it and others side with you on the subject, you're just arguing it wrong.

@ BladeValant546

nah if its been broke since the start its better to scrap it then you continue with a broken system. i jumped all over the place like an idiot in both oblivion and morrowind but theres no denying it was game braking and its main use was for cheating. idk what you mean about customization and magic, skyrim looks like its gonna blow the last two games out of the water when it comes to combat (melee,stealth and magic) and customization.

It would be nice if acrobatics and athletics could be some sort of perk for Stamina, there are going to be times in the game where you're going to need to run, and it would be frustrating if you kept dying because you underestimated an opponent.

Blade, who the f*** said everything about it was being removed from the game?

We read your post to address page 9, you clearly said (summary): "It worries me people have the flight rather than fight mentality." Which you clearly disregarded by pointing fingers while shunning others for doing exactly what you were doing.

Come back when you can think out what you're saying.. You have a -lot- of time to get back to someone on a forum.

Don't get me wrong, it's obvious you don't like it and others side with you on the subject, you're just arguing it wrong.

What are you talking about? Ad Hom attacks are not welcome (if thats what your implying.) but you got me confused again I was referring to the gaming industry as referenced to the context of my post. Again, if you took it like that then that was not the meaning. Ask questions if you feel there was a miss communication not throw insults I never did to you.

To others, hector I see your point, again I stated my opinion and I respectfully disagree with you even though you present a good argument against it. However, I just feel there are other alternatives and this does in fact limit customization as it limits the rouge class to the ground ;). Again I feel there could have been other solutions.

I'm still not convinced you meant what you said in the context you're implying at all.

Are you telling me this -entire- thread could have been summed up in the first post with "I just made this purely to argue, you can't change what I think about it."

What was the point? Brain food? Post it on 4chan, at least there you would have had a mix of trolling, idiocy, and possibly funny pictures.