No attributes? Am I the only one Worried?

BladeValant546

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be nice if acrobatics and athletics could be some sort of perk for Stamina, there are going to be times in the game where you're going to need to run, and it would be frustrating if you kept dying because you underestimated an opponent.

I wish they where perks conected to skills, like sneak, both armour skills (if they remain the same) and maybe some other skills, and that they are not just speed and athletics but more like a perk to ignore some falling damage, other fo high jumps, other to move in sneak mode pretty fast and things like that.

It would be nice if acrobatics and athletics could be some sort of perk for Stamina, there are going to be times in the game where you're going to need to run, and it would be frustrating if you kept dying because you underestimated an opponent.

I wish they where perks conected to skills, like sneak, both armour skills (if they remain the same) and maybe some other skills, and that they are not just speed and athletics but more like a perk to ignore some falling damage, other fo high jumps, other to move in sneak mode pretty fast and things like that.

they are connected to skills, every skill has its own perk tree. so you choose a perk from one tree that every skill has rather then just a list like in fallout.

Edited by hector530

I'm still not convinced you meant what you said in the context you're implying at all.

Are you telling me this -entire- thread could have been summed up in the first post with "I just made this purely to argue, you can't change what I think about it."

What was the point? Brain food? Post it on 4chan, at least there you would have had a mix of trolling, idiocy, and possibly funny pictures.

What?....Dude stop trying to start an argument I gave no intention of not changing my mind, hell I already changed my mind on the attributes for the most part I read the people agruements. Your the one starting an argument about WHAT I meant. The context was solely and purely about game companies not fixing things, instead they scrap it......If your not gonna even attempt to resolve conflict please just stay on topic. I am trying to remain peaceful with you but your are testing my patience.

Hector I Personally 100% agree with you on the perks, they will be like Feats atleast If Bethesda is smart about. Feats come with skills, like daggers you get a slit throat feat, I LOVE feats if they work that way then Skyrim will be awesome. But I agree with your statement about jumping around like a retard. I was merely stating my opinion that they could have made jumping around usufuly like adding climbing and platforming like in Mirrors Edge or Brink, I think Thief did that too. I mean how cool would it be Hector to climb into a window or attic or run away via roof tops. You cannot tell me that would not be cool. But I understand it was kind of retarded just jumping like a moron, or better yet like a halo bunny rabbit lol.

I'm still not convinced you meant what you said in the context you're implying at all.

Are you telling me this -entire- thread could have been summed up in the first post with "I just made this purely to argue, you can't change what I think about it."

What was the point? Brain food? Post it on 4chan, at least there you would have had a mix of trolling, idiocy, and possibly funny pictures.

What?....Dude stop trying to start an argument I gave no intention of not changing my mind, hell I already changed my mind on the attributes for the most part I read the people agruements. Your the one starting an argument about WHAT I meant. The context was solely and purely about game companies not fixing things, instead they scrap it......If your not gonna even attempt to resolve conflict please just stay on topic. I am trying to remain peaceful with you but your are testing my patience.

"For the most part" what are you talking about? Literally nothing has changed. This has been the same thread for 11 pages. You apparently haven't realized that, and I say again,

Just because they take the names away, doesn't mean the entire thing is gone.

It would probably feed into another spec, so I don't understand why 11 pages later you continue to talk about it by bringing up other games that have nothing to do with Elder Scrolls.

Actually, I completely agree with the person who started this very topic. For example, how do you determine encumbrance?

Think about this. Skills didn't even come out until daggerfall. Nor did factions, and non randomized people and locations took till Morrowind. Yet these things among others are the late bloomers that form the backbone of The Elder Scrolls. Attributes have been around since Arena. To take them out would be like taking swords. They have been in all four TES games, and it should stay that way.

RPGs should not be dumbed down just because everyone else is getting stupider. Stupid people procreate, leaving us with useless people. We shouldn't accomodate and reward blatant idiocy.

If you want a simple RPG, remove provinces, factions, randomize everything, remove lore, remove every skill, remove magic, remove armour, remove weight, remove buildings, remove trees, remove voiced dialogue, remove quests, and remove weapons. Sure, you have a nice, simple RPG that is a click-grinder, but at least people will love the simplicity of a boring, bland as cardboard game.

Again, it's not Bethesda's fault you people are very stupid. It's simply you refusing to use your pretty much worthless, seldomly used wasted brains.

Do not make others suffer for the fact you are morons.

Actually, I completely agree with the person who started this very topic. For example, how do you determine encumbrance?

Think about this. Skills didn't even come out until daggerfall. Nor did factions, and non randomized people and locations took till Morrowind. Yet these things among others are the late bloomers that form the backbone of The Elder Scrolls. Attributes have been around since Arena. To take them out would be like taking swords. They have been in all four TES games, and it should stay that way.

RPGs should not be dumbed down just because everyone else is getting stupider. Stupid people procreate, leaving us with useless people. We shouldn't accomodate and reward blatant idiocy.

If you want a simple RPG, remove provinces, factions, randomize everything, remove lore, remove every skill, remove magic, remove armour, remove weight, remove buildings, remove trees, remove voiced dialogue, remove quests, and remove weapons. Sure, you have a nice, simple RPG that is a click-grinder, but at least people will love the simplicity of a boring, bland as cardboard game.

Again, it's not Bethesda's fault you people are very stupid. It's simply you refusing to use your pretty much worthless, seldomly used wasted brains.

How do you know it will be bad?

I disagree with the premise that the game is being dumbed down by removing certain skills and attributes. I can conceive of a much more complex system than the one in Oblivion and those that came before it using what has already been announced. Not having the game in hand prevents me from forming any opinions as to which is actually more complex. But really....what about Oblivion's stat based system is complex? Stats in Morrowind and Oblivion had very few functions.

My concerns with the new system are only limited to the way stats usually apply to story telling. Checking for agility if you want to give the agile player a particular advantage in a given situation that another player wouldn't have. Or maybe simulating an youth stealing spell that causes the player to age by draining away many of his core attributes. I am worried that not having attributes will make such situations more difficult to present to the player in an immersive way and thus reduce the number of tools available for telling a story and providing different and fun experiences.

Edited by stars2heaven

Is it me or has people lost the general point of RPGs? :confused:

There are no "general points" of RPGs - RPG is so much, and really have no true definition, other than that you develop your character.

But the definition of roleplay is to go into the role of another character, which is true for so to say every game, RPG or not.^^