Place objets, and avoid that oblivion places objets

VikingII

Open the NPC or container from the Object window of the Construction Set (double left click opens the edit dialog). Click the Inventory tab. Again in the left pane of the Object window find the item you want to add, and click, hold and drag it into the open Inventory tab of your NPC/container. Drop it there and when you're finished click OK to close the NPC/container edit dialog. If the NPC or container already exists in the game they will have your item, if it's a new NPC or container you'll left click, hold and drag them into the Render window (with the place you wanted them already open and showing). Drop and position them, save your mod and go there in the game and check for problems. The Construction Set Wiki is a good place to find tutorials to get you started.

If what you're trying to add is vanilla Oblivion resources you'd just edit the Player character. If it's added by a mod I think you need to create a copy of the item (renamed to a name you choose) and place that item in your Player character inventory.

If what you're trying to add is vanilla Oblivion resources you'd just edit the Player character. If it's added by a mod I think you need to create a copy of the item (renamed to a name you choose) and place that item in your Player character inventory.

Yes, I trying to add and remove the vanilla resources. I open the TES but under the "Character" menu, I didn't find anything about the player's inventory.

Where would I have to look for?

Thanks

When you start the Construction Set click on File then Data and double left click on Oblivion.esm and then OK. After the CS has loaded all the resources (watch down near the bottom and you'll see all the file names flashing by) click on File then Save and give your mod a name (e.g. MyNewStart). The CS will add the esp on the end, you don't need to. Now click Data then Files and select the mod that has your other items (double click to get the X ... notice your MyNewStart.esp will already have an X and check to see that it is set to be the active file). Find the item you want to add using the left hand pane of the Object window for it's type and then the list in the right hand pane for the actual item. Double click it and change the ID to something unique (e.g. change ReallyCoolSword to MyReallyCoolSword). Click OK and say yes to creating a new form. Now change the type in the left pane of the Object window to NPC and scroll down the list to Player (the name column will say Bendu Olo and EditorID Player). Double click and then open the Inventory tab. Change back to the type of your item (Weapon in the case of MyReallyCoolSword) find it a left click and hold and drag it into the open inventory tab. Drop it and you'll see MyReallyCoolSword added to the Player inventory. Click OK to close the Player editor dialog and then File then Save to save your mod. Exit the CS and start the game using the OblivionLoader.exe (the normal shortcut). Scroll down the list of mods and click on MyNewStart.esp ... you'll need the mod the sword or whatever you added active as well. If the new items came just from vanilla Oblivion you'll only need your MyNewStart.esp. Start a new game and see if your new trinket is in your inventory. Edited by Striker879