NPCs do not speak/no voice with certain mods

GoArmy

I'm encountering a problem involving conversations with NPCs. I installed several different mods, one being Deepwoods Adventure, and when I speak to the NPC you receive the quest from, only text appears on the screen. The NPC's mouth does not move and no voice or sound can be heard. I use OBMM and I believe I have installed the mods correctly.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

The mod you mention doesn't feature voice dialogue or lip synching apparently. A lot of mods don't. The voices included with the game have a very small vocabulary to pull from, and not everyone has the equipment or access to people with appropriate voices to do voice acting. The mod says "You need OBSE and "Elys_USV: OBSE -Elys- Universal Silent Voice v0.93" to work correctly." Do you have those? If not, the text may go by really fast.

The mod you mention doesn't feature voice dialogue or lip synching apparently. A lot of mods don't. The voices included with the game have a very small vocabulary to pull from, and not everyone has the equipment or access to people with appropriate voices to do voice acting. The mod says "You need OBSE and "Elys_USV: OBSE -Elys- Universal Silent Voice v0.93" to work correctly." Do you have those? If not, the text may go by really fast.

Thank you for clarifying. I should have checked to see if the mod featured voice acting in the first place lol. I do have OBSE but I do not have "Elys USV: OBSE -Elvs- Universal Silent Voice v0.93." Is the Elys software used in every mod without voice acting to prevent the text from moving too quickly? If so, I should probably download it. Thank you for your help, I'll give you kudos lol

Edited by GoArmy

Thanks for the kudos! What that mod does is give you 8 seconds to read the text and it also makes the lips move. A lot of mods require you to have it for the text dialogue to function properly. The mod detects when a voice file is missing and plays the silence to prevent text from vanishing too quickly. It will work with most mods that are missing dialogue. There are a few mods that will use their own silence file because in the modder's view that time amount is too long or too short for their mod. It shouldn't cause a problem, though.

Thank you for the informative reply. I downloaded Elys and tried installing it but so far it hasn't worked. I tried creating an omod with the .dll and mp3 files but then realized none of the files is an esp file. I then tried creating a folder titled "Plugins" and placed the files in that folder, which was then placed in my obse_0200 folder (OBSE version 2 is what I'm assuming that stands for). The installation instructions told me to place the files in a "Plugins" folder located inside my obse folder, but it didn't work. I then tried placing the files in my Oblivion Data folder but that didn't work. I don't know what else to try lol. Any suggestions to get Elys properly installed?

Thanks again

OK, the files should be in Oblivion\Data\OBSE\Plugins. You should have these files inside Plugins:

Elys_USV.dll

Elys_USV.lip

Elys_USV.mp3

OBSE_Elys_Pluggy.dll

OBSE_Elys_Pluggy.dlx

and you may also have:

OBSE_Elys_Pluggy.log

Pluggy - possible CTD on loading save.log

If you have any of those files elsewhere, or in a subfolder, it won't work. If you are using Windows 7 or Vista and Oblivion is in Program Files there is another issue that we can fix. Sometimes OBSE plugins can be a bit persnickety. There's a chance they became corrupted during all the moving around. Try extracting again,and put them in that location again, then restart the game, save once not writing over an autosave, quit game, and log back in. That might help.

OK, the files should be in Oblivion\Data\OBSE\Plugins. You should have these files inside Plugins:

Elys_USV.dll

Elys_USV.lip

Elys_USV.mp3

OBSE_Elys_Pluggy.dll

OBSE_Elys_Pluggy.dlx

and you may also have:

OBSE_Elys_Pluggy.log

Pluggy - possible CTD on loading save.log

If you have any of those files elsewhere, or in a subfolder, it won't work. If you are using Windows 7 or Vista and Oblivion is in Program Files there is another issue that we can fix. Sometimes OBSE plugins can be a bit persnickety. There's a chance they became corrupted during all the moving around. Try extracting again,and put them in that location again, then restart the game, save once not writing over an autosave, quit game, and log back in. That might help.

I searched for the OBSE Elys Pluggy and found a download on Tesnexus. I downloaded it and extracted the files (OBSE_Elys_Pluggy.dll and OBSE_Elys_Pluggy.dlx) and placed them in a new folder named "Plugins." I then extracted the other Elys files again and placed them in the same folder. The folder has all the files you mentioned above, except the .log or "pluggy." The folder is located in Oblivion/Data/obse_0200/ I loaded Oblivion up and it still didn't work lol the person's mouth doesn't move and the text zips by. Thank you for the further instruction but I still couldn't manage to get Elys working. Any other ideas?