Problem Installing Shivering Isles

sarumon91

I just reinstalled Oblivion hoping this would work, but....

When I try to patch Oblivion from 0.1.whatever to 1.2.whatever WITHOUT the Shivering Isles, it works fine. When I try the same thing using the patch that's supposed to installed the Shivering Isles, it says;

"Old File not found. However, a file of the same name was found. No update done since file contents do not match."

I've found that most mods I want require Shivering Isles, and this is the only thing standing in my way.

Help Would Be Greatly Appreciated.

If you patched the game before installing SI, it is recommended to unsintall the game, then reinstall it, install SI, patch the game with SI patch. If you have GoTY, installing SI will patch the game to the latest.

It's not clear from the above whether you have installed Shivering Isles before trying to patch, or after.

The procedure is as follows:

(1) Install Oblivion (in c:\Games\Oblivion if on Vista or Win7)

(2) Install Shivering Isles. If using the Game of the Year edition, this will patch your Oblivion AND Shivering Isles to v 1.2.0416 and you don't need any other official patches.

(3) If it was NOT the Game of the Year edition, then apply the SHIVERING ISLES version of the 1.2.0416 patch, NOT the Oblivion version. The Oblivion only patch will NOT work.

(4) Install any of the Bethesda DLC files if you have them.

(5) Apply the various umofficial patches to remove the remaining bugs - one for Oblivion, one for SI, one for the DLC modules.

If you have the steam version of Oblivion, the same procedure (more or less) applies. If you have impulse or D2D - then it's beyond me, but modding may well be almost impossible, especially mods which use OBSE.

And if you are using a no-CD crack, THAT is why your patch fails. Remove it and do it legally.

Edited by MarkInMKUK