I had a thought

ell46

Define "cheat". It's using built-in capability to accomplish a result that the writers/developers did not intend to make possible. I put it in the same category as the "Kobayashi Maru" test at Starfleet Academy: If there's no way out, but that's unacceptable, change the external parameters!

While the reasons BioWare did not include a "Happily ever after" ending are clear, (and probably more appropriate to their vision of the game as a whole) many players had wanted a way to deny Morrigan the DR, survive the final battle, and stay with Big Al afterwards. I simply found a way to make that happen without a mod.

And if one is already using a mod like "Skip the Fade" (which is, well, a cheat in itself), why cavail at using Thandal's mod to circumvent the DR?

By the way, what is the name of the mod? I'd like to use it myself--I actually like Morrigan's witchy ways and she's most always in my party, but when I have a PC involved with (as Thandal calls him) Big Al, I wince at having to turn him over to Morrigan just to survive the archdemon.

Edited by FastBlackCat

And if one is already using a mod like "Skip the Fade" (which is, well, a cheat in itself), why cavail at using Thandal's mod to circumvent the DR?

By the way, what is the name of the mod? I'd like to use it myself--I actually like Morrigan's witchy ways and she's most always in my party, but when I have a PC involved with (as Thandal calls him) Big Al, I wince at having to turn him over to Morrigan just to survive the archdemon.

It isn't actually a mod, it more a console cheat. The way I use it is, to keep Alistair with me as long as possible I use this mod that allows you to swap out party members anywhere. When I get to the door in the fort that leads out to the roof, I use that to get rid of Alistair, then I the console cheat runscript zz_addparty NPCname (Add party member by name) to bring in the dead... yes, dead... Loghain. He kills the AD and I live happily ever after with Alistair and me as his Queen. :thumbsup:

There is only one draw back, if you go back into camp or are playing the Dark Times mod, Loghain is in the camp and he stands almost on top of Alistair :down: and I haven't figured out how to get rid of him.

Edited by ell46

sorry for my bad English...i mean "...and live happily ever after with Alistair and me as the queen..." lols ;D

English is so confusing...everything going backward from my language

yes i use Skip the Fade it is because as a warrior i will have problem there in Mage Asunder...just try play as warrior level 8-10 there...we got Holy Smite at level 12...if want to do the quest later, other places are too hard like brecilian Forest and Orzamar...even Denerim is hard too...Mage Tower and Redcliff is easy except the Fade for warrior.

i am not reloading fan...i hate reload and reload...as mage there is less problem...just zoom out then cast Blizzard in the next room.

Edited by Qistina

... and I live happily ever after[,] with Alistair as queen ...

:tongue: I read that and pictured him in a dress dancing the Remigold! :sweat:

:laugh: :laugh: it does read like that doesn't it :laugh: I'll go back and fix it now. :tongue:

Use a certain cheat item to temporarily turn your gender to male so you can do it her yourself. That's what I do. I'm cool with girl-girl babies nut not so much with boy-girl created babies. (I'm usually not a fan of straight men IRL...) http://www.thenexusforums.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/sweat.gif

For some reason doing it as a woman is so much easier on my psyche, idk. But it's just better this way, even though the Wardens in Origins are still profoundly sucky.

Though it's still so horrible and overwhelmingly repulsive, the idea of Morrigan being a mom is so astoundingly alien and nigh incomprehensible to me... http://www.thenexusforums.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/wacko.gif

Edited by Lehcar