I made a Tutorial of this, just wanted to here it is:

[Tutorial] How to use Addon- Nodes For lights.

Hello.

I have been playing around with Addon-nodes the last few days and I must say I am intrigued. In skyrim if we wanted a mesh to include lights we were forced to make a LIGH Record and just add a mesh. Doing this was s*** because we kinda lost control of where the lights where. They were always in the middle of the mesh and that did most of the time annoy me to bits, so I always ended up placing lights where I wanted them.

Well In fallout we can now add lights through Addon-nodes the new " LNAM " Record, this Have not been in these games before and it presents oppertunities.

Now I did experiement with this a little. I made small modification to a vanilla mesh to extract the fireplace and some wood from another mesh.

Added the burning campfire from my buildable burning campfire mod.

I added 2 nodes to the mesh, one that adds a shadow spotlight with the range of 320, fade level 0.7, used the color of a fire.

Added a second node that adds a normal hemisphere non shadow with the range of 100 and fade level 1.0.

The result in the picture below. without the node that adds a hemisphere there would be just a spotlight on the ground, but almost no light inside the fireplace where it's burning.

http://staticdelivery.nexusmods.com/mods/1151/images/8122-0-1453652836.jpg

If you think you can achieve this with just shadow light on a mesh your a s*** out of luck. Tried tweaking those for hours, I used just one addon-node then and decided to see if I could add one more and get light from both. Now there could probably be a reduction of light on the hemisphere because you can see it light through on the walls at the sides there, reducing it to 80-90 will probably take this problem away.

I have not tested more than 2 addon nodes, but will probably try. We can create some very nice lighting with this! So far I love this engine, Skyrims Engine can go eat it.

Now I do assume everyone knows that there is a LNAM record, so before you go flaming your shitty elitist behavior all over this post because you already knew, just know that I will ignore you hard.

Those who did not know, well enjoi. I can cook up a tutorial for this if people want. The process is easy for most, just want to see how the heat is on the post first so I do not waste my time for nothing

Toodles!

Have you check this?

http://i.imgur.com/L4YZZAt.jpg

which happens to lack of any animation! And ofc it sucks TBH (don't know why they did that). Is it fixable ?

meshes\SetDressing\MetalBarrel\MetalBarrel01StaticFireGrating.nif

(there are 2 more fire barrels in same folder, if I remember correctly none of them emits animated fire, MetalBarrel01Fire02.nif, MetalBarrel01Fire03.nif)

I have no clues how to fix it my self.

Edited by spanian77

This is probably not the right thread to get troubleshoot help with something that is'nt really relevant to the topic. Not sure why you lack animated fires. sorry. They look fine to me. Better if you open a new thread about it and present a video clip perhaps.

Cool, I've been trying to wrap my head around this one for a couple of weeks. Gonna have to dig into this tut tonight. Thanks!

EDIT: Wow, that's actually really simple. Now I feel dumb! Thanks again though haha.

Edited by mm137

"I assume you already are FO4edit and Nifskope Savvy."

This is just mean, man! I'm 1.5 months in to modding and I'm up to not understanding BSX Flags and or wtf is CPA in the BSBone::Parents thingie. I passed the CPA exam, it's not that, I'm pretty sure of it.

FO4Edit is simple, what to get into it isn't, but I'll take that. Nifskopiness is just wrong.

• 5 weeks later...

Have you check this?

http://i.imgur.com/L4YZZAt.jpg

which happens to lack of any animation! And ofc it sucks TBH (don't know why they did that). Is it fixable ?

meshes\SetDressing\MetalBarrel\MetalBarrel01StaticFireGrating.nif

(there are 2 more fire barrels in same folder, if I remember correctly none of them emits animated fire, MetalBarrel01Fire02.nif, MetalBarrel01Fire03.nif)

I have no clues how to fix it my self.

The "Funny Title" post on the imgur link was funny as hell. I lived that, I couldn't say what he said, in a text, cause of my "govt training to keep my online footprint to a min," and cause I'm not flirting with an arrest but, that IS vampires of seamen, or "intimate terrorists," in a nutshell.

Edited by jeffglobal

I agree with the OP that the AddOnNode present lots of possibilities. They're really nifty. Also, not seen before.

Most of the fire/flame effects in the game, including ambient effects and impact FX also take advantage of AddOnNodes. BSX flags can include the flag 'FlameNodes Present' which seems to be the only thing required, assuming the presence of a BSValueNode with the name 'AddOnNode' in the .nif to add a fire effect to something. Even including lights packaged with the fire effect.

Fire effects seem to be preset with the 'Value' field in the block details for the BSValueNode defining which fire effect to use.

I have run into some limitations though, with hilarious consequences. Equipping a weapon which uses fire AddOnNodes places the fire effect at the player's...origin.