Settlement building: Lost the food category

LKnives

@vegas - heard that Planters mod causes issues, but apart from that you should open your list up in FO4edit and see what touches the food list

• 5 months later...

For all future people coming to this thread, if you are missing *any* part of your workshop menu, doesn't matter which part:

Odds are good you improperly uninstalled a mod that uses scripts to add to the workshop menus. If you uninstall any mod which adds items to the workshop menu, first read their description for correct uninstall methods.
To fix it try the Universal Menu Fixer located on the files tab of this tutorial.
Note the following as well.
According to Steve40: "when uninstalling mods that use script-added menus, it is mandatory that you quit the game to the Windows desktop after deactivating the mod, before loading another save game. If you deactivated the mod using the vanilla MODS menu and immediately loaded up a save game without first quitting to the desktop and restarting FO4, the menu might be missing even if you used the proper uninstall chem/holoatape. The same rule applies when using missing menu fixer tools."

Damding has a good suggestion as a first step because most times users forget to use the authors uninstall chem or holo tape and menus disappear. However, the load orders I see and even some of the files I see listed are specifically files that alter vanilla menus. I'm not saying anyone has to use SKE that's not really even required unless you want to use 80+ settlement mods like I do. However, I list incompatible mods because I know they will mess up the vanilla menu. So it's probably not a bad idea, even without SKE installed, to look at that list.

As a note, most of the time when I see problem mods users don't know they were made for Fallout 1.4.132. Any mod released prior to April 2016 was not made with the CK and depending on the mod may cause issues or simply won't be compatible with 1.5.157 or higher. Which includes the most recent 1.7.22. Nothing that old will really work without issues. Settlement mods that old will cause the menus to disappear.

I added LOOT messages but I keep seeing people post in forums to ignore the messages or ask if the message is invalid. LOOT does not have an AI it doesn't know anything about the mod. The messages are hand entered, by me in fact. So they are accurate.

Steam no longer allows you to turn off updates. So everyone with Fallout 4 should have the latest version. Unless your version is a torrent version or you used some unofficial and unsupported 3rd party roll back utility. Obviously not provided by Bethesda. So if you have the latest Fallout 4 make sure you update your mods. If they make a menu disappear, check the file date. Is it April 2016 or earlier? If so most likely needs to be updated.

Specifically the files I saw on one of the previous posts was the "Homemaker - SK Integration Patch.esp" and it was suggested to use it. That is not correct. Uninstall that if you have it in your data folder.

Some of these mods are on my list of incompatible files some are not but still might need to be removed and replaced with a newer version of the mod.

Homemaker - SK Integration Patch.esp <- Not needed
Homemaker-SettlementKeywords-patch.esp <- Not needed
Snap'n Build - Immersive Modular Doorways.esp <- might be old upgrade to v1.9 of SNB
Snap'n Build - Metal windows.esp <- might be old upgrade to v1.9 of SNB

SnB - Windows.esp <- might be old upgrade to v1.9 of SNB

Snap'n Build - Roofs.esp <- might be old upgrade to v1.9 of SNB

SettlementKeywords.esm <- should not be used if it's v0.8 by Stuyk because it's only compatible with 1.4.132 or earlier

Homemaker - SSEx Compatibility.esp <- Not needed because both the latest version of Homemaker and SSEx work together but may duplicate many items.

Snap'n Build - Patches.esp <- might be old upgrade to v1.9 of SNB
Snap and Build - Snap and Build - Greenhouse.esp <- might be old upgrade to v1.9 of SNB

Sharlikran

You may not have noticed that this thread was necro'd. The first two pages of the thread are April or earlier so yeah, they were talking about pre-CK issues. In fact the only post past May was the last one right before mine. So odds are good that particular user had improperly uninstalled a mod versus using some ancient outdated mods.

No I did not notice it was necroed. :pirate: :ohmy: :down: :dry: :ermm: :wallbash: :psyduck:

However, anyone with the issue now, that needed info, and offered advice to those that may have the issue... Kudos to them for searching the thread. Man that is rare. :thumbsup: :tongue: :dance:

Maybe what I said can be helpful somehow anyway. Plus that universal menu fixer works pretty good for fixing menus if the user had a mod installed that used scripts.