OBSE not working right...

jerrk

I started downloading some mods yesterday, and i noticed some of them needed the oblivion script extension... So i downloaded that.

The Day before i succesfully added the new vegas version to, well, new vegas... But for some odd reason i do the same thing as i did in new vegas, i followed the direction off of youtube, and everything and it still dosnt work.

When I click on OBSE_Loader... or something like that then it would load a little bit, then go to a black screen for a second or two, then exit without an error. Ive added a lot of mods, and was attempting to see if i downloaded them all correctly... but i cant cuz i cant get the OBSE to work. I also noticed that it skips the screen were you could choose data files and stuff, which the fallout doesnt.

The Game works, and the disk isnt broken, I have only patched it once..( not GOTY edition)

Does anyone know how to fix this? :wallbash:

Edited by jerrk

sounds more like mod ocnflicts/load order problems/missing requirements then OBSE, BOSS ( better oblivion sorting software to help you out if its just load order problems.

sounds more like mod ocnflicts/load order problems/missing requirements then OBSE, BOSS ( better oblivion sorting software to help you out if its just load order problems.

I can play the game without the OBSE, i just cant seem to find the mods that need it.. sooo idk, but ill see if thats the case

Im slowly working on this saddly, but i dont know if this is the case, plus i have obmm, which should help take care of that shouldnt it?

OBSE will only work for the retail DVD versions of the game and the Steam version. If you have either the Direct2Drive version or Impulse version you will not be able to use OBSE, or any mods requiring it (they use encrypted versions of Oblivion.exe and the OBSE team can't develop a version for that ... they worked with the Steam people and developed a version for Steam). The game must be patched up to version 1.2.0416.

After you have extracted the OBSE zip you will copy three files to your Oblivion directory (the one that also contains your Data directory). If you have the retail disk version of the game copy the files obse_1_2_416.dll, obse_editor_1_2.dll, and obse_loader.exe to your Oblivion directory. If you have the Steam version copy the files obse_1_2_416.dll, obse_editor_1_2.dll, and obse_steam_loader.dll to your Oblivion directory. If you have the Steam version of the game you are done. Start Oblivion and play. If you have the retail disk version you will need to change how you start the game. If you currently start the game using a desktop shortcut you can edit that shortcut to run the file obse_loader.exe instead of OblivionLoader.exe. Right click the shortcut and select Properties from the right click menu. On the Shortcut tab of the properties dialog single left click to the left of the O in OblivionLoader.exe in the Target field (the highlight should now be gone on the text and you'll have a cursor just left of the word OblivionLoader). Delete all except the .exe and key in obse_loader. When you're all done the target field should end in obse_loader.exe" (leave the quotation mark at the end). Click the Apply button and then OK. Now when you start the game you'll see a small black window open for a second, followed briefly by another and then you'll come straight to the game menu (you will no longer get the Oblivion Loader menu where you can select Data Files ... if you need that to activate or deactivate a mod you can get that Oblivion Loader menu by using the Start button shortcut, which remains the same as before OBSE).

OBSE will only work for the retail DVD versions of the game and the Steam version. If you have either the Direct2Drive version or Impulse version you will not be able to use OBSE, or any mods requiring it (they use encrypted versions of Oblivion.exe and the OBSE team can't develop a version for that ... they worked with the Steam people and developed a version for Steam). The game must be patched up to version 1.2.0416.

After you have extracted the OBSE zip you will copy three files to your Oblivion directory (the one that also contains your Data directory). If you have the retail disk version of the game copy the files obse_1_2_416.dll, obse_editor_1_2.dll, and obse_loader.exe to your Oblivion directory. If you have the Steam version copy the files obse_1_2_416.dll, obse_editor_1_2.dll, and obse_steam_loader.dll to your Oblivion directory. If you have the Steam version of the game you are done. Start Oblivion and play. If you have the retail disk version you will need to change how you start the game. If you currently start the game using a desktop shortcut you can edit that shortcut to run the file obse_loader.exe instead of OblivionLoader.exe. Right click the shortcut and select Properties from the right click menu. On the Shortcut tab of the properties dialog single left click to the left of the O in OblivionLoader.exe in the Target field (the highlight should now be gone on the text and you'll have a cursor just left of the word OblivionLoader). Delete all except the .exe and key in obse_loader. When you're all done the target field should end in obse_loader.exe" (leave the quotation mark at the end). Click the Apply button and then OK. Now when you start the game you'll see a small black window open for a second, followed briefly by another and then you'll come straight to the game menu (you will no longer get the Oblivion Loader menu where you can select Data Files ... if you need that to activate or deactivate a mod you can get that Oblivion Loader menu by using the Start button shortcut, which remains the same as before OBSE).

I have the regular disk version, and i placed the loader in that exact folder and it still wont work:

computer- local disk- programs 86x- bethsda- oblivion

right?

and i tried the shortcut thing, and it still goes to a black screen then quits.. no menu

Edited by jerrk

Actually, this is new, I tried to open up oblivion without OBSE and it did the same thing as it would with it... maybe it is a mod error...

Did you add any mods lately ... maybe a missing master?

I added a lot of mods yesterday and the only one im haveing any trouble with so far is: EVE_HGEC_BodyStock_and_Clothing_OMOD-24078

It wont let me open it saying that im a limited user on my comp. and im actually the admin