Canadian Federal Election

Lehcar

Let's see, our options are:

Harper

Ignatieff

Layton

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qo57xRy_8oU&feature=related

I don't care who wins as long as it's not Harper, I absolutely can't stand that guy. Unfortunately there's no way Layton will win, even though I dearly wish he could. Hopefully if Ignatieff wins he'll at least do SOMETHING to pull our health care out of the crapper. That's really all I want in our next leader, because I'm still extremely upset that I had no doctor for eight years after moving to Ontario.

Seriously, people. When a hospital has to use a freaking Tim Hortons as a temporary ER, that's how you know things are really going downhill.

At least, for my Mom's sake, Ignatieff is a better friend of postal workers and unions across the country. I hope he wins. Hope, hope, hope...

I'll be of age this year, but not soon enough to vote in this election. But by the time the next one rolls around I'm definitely voting NDP. They appeal to me so much more than our *other* two main choices, but it's also because I'm sick of the Liberals and the Conservatives and I want someone new. I want someone who, hopefully, may actually change things for the better. We wouldn't even have our free, public healthcare system if it weren't for the NDP.

We need a fresh face in the Parliament building. We need change. I hope, someday, NDP or at least someone besides the Liberals/Conservatives will win. :(

Edited by Lehcar

http://i897.photobucket.com/albums/ac177/Aurielius/demotivational-posters-meanwhile9.jpg

All humour aside, it might help if one of our Canadian members elucidated the difference between the political platforms of the three contending parties for us clueless southern neighbors. Forgive my ignorance in not staying current but am interested in what does transpire in the Great White North.

Sure, at least you guys get to elect your own senators. :(

We made a mistake with that amendment in my opinion. They are supposed to represent the state, not the latest whim.

I'm talking about the USA above of course but how does Canada elect Senators? The State Houses used to do it for us.

We don't elect senators. at all. The Prime Minster chooses them himself.

OK, that's a bit extreme. It sounds like the US cabinet, all of whom are supposed to be on the Presidents (or Prime Ministers in this case) team. I would support a change if lived in Canada for sure.