Bringing the LoS indicator from XCOM2 to LW/EW

tracktwo

Bug #3?

This is probably not really a bug but the 'eye' icons only appear over aliens that are visible to the squad.

I had a case where a sectoid was hidden from view and mind merging another sectoid that was visible to my scout. The blue eye only appeared over the mind merging sectoid once I'd moved the scout close enough to see it.

This is probably fine actually otherwise it could be used as a cheat to locate hidden aliens.

Awesome, thanks and keep em coming! Interesting that they show up on the motion tracker... ah, I know why. It's because I specifically excluded hidden *seekers* but not other alien types, cause they ordinarily can't stealth.

Yes on disappearing on the alien turn, agreed. I also want to turn them off while the active unit is performing actions, e.g. during targeting. They're really only needed while pathing.

And #3 is by design, yes. It won't show you aliens that are hidden but would become visible should you move there. It seems cheat-y to show you all the alien locations, you could use it to more accurately place grenades and rockets on aliens nobody can see.

Bug #4. If a sectoid is suppressing something then the blue eye doesn't appear over it at all

I've only seen this happen once so far. It's worked correctly all the other times as far as I can tell. When it happened the sectoid was in full cover and was mind merged so maybe that's got something to do with it?

Well, looks like my "limited-coding-skills" help won't be needed after Spazmo's sturdy testing activity. I predict a formal solid fix within days if not less!

PS; Gee, i wonder if my recent stuff (about Save/Load colored strings) could be somehow examined by Spazmo when this whole (much MORE) important TT's LoS project has been resolved?!? Just curious here. :smile:

Edited by Zyxpsilon