HELP! Sanctuary is under attack

tomomi1922

Sorry for being a tad dramatic ... but my worst fear is here. I read enough of those settlement under attacks that if I fail I may lead to loss of settlement or settlers. And that is my worst nightmare because I spent time crafting weapons and armor for these guys and gals.

Just now I got a message (and a quest) saying Sanctuary is under attack. I come back .... nothing is happening. But the quest is sill active. What do I do? What are the consequences if I fail? Is it time based? Because now I am afraid to go back out to do other quests. In fact, is there any quest time based? I understand main quests will have conditions to fail, but ... like a settlement needs help clearing raiders, do I need to get there soon or somehow delay will cause it to fail? Because, just now, Preston informed me I failed my "rescue the kidnapped" quest at Orbeland Station (and I didn't even go there yet)

Also, I thought all are essentials, what damage could they have done to my settlements? Yes I can repair a broken turret if it comes to that.

Stop. Breath in. Breath out. No need to panic. All that is happening is that you are being given the opportunity to FAST TRAVEL to that settlement (Sanctuary Hills is only one possibility) to help the settlers beat back the attack. And you can rest assured, the settlers WILL win. (Unless you get yourself killed. In which case you just Load the last Save and try again.

If you choose to NOT fast travel to the settlement, the settlers WILL lose. However, none of them get killed. The consequences of losing is that some/all crops get damaged, and/or some/all turrets get damaged, and/or some/all generators and water pumps are subject to being damaged. When next you get to that settlement, get into Build mode and go around Repairing anything that was damaged.